Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Holden badging was available as a (low-cost but not free) option when you bought your new Chevrolet SS. *edit* Which I see you've discovered already! /*edit*
Along with Holden branded sill-plates to replace the Chevrolet ones ... also, I'm not sure whether Chevrolet branded floor-mats were available, but they could order the Holden ones; same with mud flaps, the boot^D^D^D^Dtrunk organiser, and the plastic trunk-liner had Holden logos when sold in the US. I'm sure there was other stuff too, such as headlight protectors & I'm not sure if the window weather-shade things have Holden logoes?
They must've decided it wasn't worth getting such a small batch of those things made - especailly if some buyers were paying extra for Holden badging anyway.
Just read the same thing....interesting. I would not have thought Holden was even a thought in the US.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I liken it to ignorant arrogance.[/QUOTE
Ignorant yes; arrogance no. My ignorance lead me to believe there were no Holden badges in the US....your arrogance got you here.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
yep every second person in chevy ss owners on fb is doing it
Hmnmnmnmmm ... a Thing that people on Faecebook are doing would usually be a Thing that one does not want to be doing ...

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Badging? . . . . potaytoes/potartoes. . . . . All I know is that bow-tie badges make them go faster!

Redline17

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Redline LS3
Gday Gents;

Had my Redline for just under a year now; blue in colour which I think is Slipstream ?
Anyway how good are they ?
Just wanted to ask one thing and let you know one thing.

Firstly; had a whine in the rear on idle and when radio off and cruising it sounded similar to a rubbish diff prior to the addition of banana skins....(old school sorry); anyway could not find a thing on here that anyone else had experienced; so when I took to Holden they checked it and fixed it....it was some valve or something in the Bi Modal exhaust....on the receipt it said “carried out TL 16-H-0037 FIX”.... just wanted to let all know.
It did get me thinking though; I do the “pull the relay switch thingy trick” to keep it open always.....could it be reaping a little havoc with the computer ?

Redline17

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Redline LS3
Also if anyone has any knowledge they are willing to impart of upgrades (like these Walkinshaw things I see; but don’t hear good things about) alternative to that and best place to go in Sydney....preferably Sth or North West but willing to go anywhere for the right dudes to do the right thing that does not eat my engine prematurely.....not looking for a weapon that’s lights the tyres every second but just a little more punch and sound....