Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
That would be a HSV steering wheel then!:D

It certainly is, it has a better feel than the Holden equivalent in my opinion.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
That would be a HSV steering wheel then!:D
It certainly is, it has a better feel than the Holden equivalent in my opinion.
Are we talking VF steering wheels ? My brother in laws VF2 clubsport R8 LSA steering wheel is identical to my 17 Redline steering wheel in shape and thickness. Maybe the GTsr and W1 are different.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I was looking at the "MY17 VF Commodore Product Information" document which mentions "NEW SS-V Redline steering wheel with perforated leather" as an addition in the MY17 Calais V. Mine is an MY16 car, so my guess is that the steering I have was standard till Holden added the perforated item to the spec.

On a related note, someone was mentioning an HSV steering wheel was better than the SSVR steering. Can any of the HSV owners post a clear picture of their steering wheel? I looked for HSV steering wheels online - but most of the results were generic listings for commodores. I did like some of the carbon fibre units, but I'm not too sure about the practicality they offer.
Calais V steering V has always been the same as the SSV Redline wheel except for the perforations. Only the MY17 Calais V share the wheel with the MY17 Redline. Redline got the chrome trim and Calais V got the perforations, Caprice V got the same wheel for the MY17 model year. Took the complexity out of the last years production run with lower vehicle builds.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Calais V steering V has always been the same as the SSV Redline wheel except for the perforations. Only the MY17 Calais V share the wheel with the MY17 Redline. Redline got the chrome trim and Calais V got the perforations, Caprice V got the same wheel for the MY17 model year. Took the complexity out of the last years production run with lower vehicle builds.

That clears up the confusion. Like I said, the shapes of both units seemed to be the same. But once had perforations in the 3 and 9 positions. So how does @Holden17 have the perforated version on his stock MY14 car?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
That clears up the confusion. Like I said, the shapes of both units seemed to be the same. But once had perforations in the 3 and 9 positions. So how does @Holden17 have the perforated version on his stock MY14 car?
We’ll knock me over with a feather MaxCommie...just checking out CalaisV pics on carsales and it seems that the perforated leather was not stock in the VF1 after all! As I said in a much earlier post, my Dad bought his as an undriven demo off the showroom floor in December 2013 and I recall him saying he was surprised at how much was standard eg the sunroof (which he didn’t necessarily want), DVD player, full size alloy spare, HUD etc. etc. Such a nice car is the CalaisV VF1 it didn’t surprise me that the wheel was perforated leather and for all this time I’ve assumed it was standard...and Dad must have also otherwise I’m sure he would have said so.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have a MY14 Calais V and it hasn’t got a perforated wheel.
71B226D3-C485-4BAC-929E-D32F582EF2DA.jpeg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
My MY15 SSV Redline - perforated.

upload_2020-4-24_7-45-12.png

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
My my15 ssv has the perforated leather as well so maybe the Calais V come non perforated because it’s more luxury then the sporty perforated one of the SS’s

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
My VFI CalaisV had a perforated wheel. I didn’t option it, that’s just how it arrived. October 2013 build.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
My VFI CalaisV had a perforated wheel. I didn’t option it, that’s just how it arrived. October 2013 build.

That is weird. My 2016 Calais V doesn’t have a perforated wheel. I was trying to get my hands on an HSV unit but this lockdown put that on hold