Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Saw a Clubsport today on the M1 belting past everyone in the rain!!
It had a LSA badge on the boot and a W407 badge as well.
If the LSA is 430Kw does that mean the Walky pack robs it of 23Kw!??!!

Keep an eye out in the salvage Auctions

That car going like that in the rain, probably will be plugged into solid objects soon enough. We'll be able to tell then!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Keep an eye out in the salvage Auctions

That car going like that in the rain, probably will be plugged into solid objects soon enough. We'll be able to tell then!
Haha, often very true. I've been passed by a lunatic on the freeway a while back, then came across a sudden traffic jam five minutes later only to find said lunatic upside down in the bushes in his multi coloured VN.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
after almost 10 years my roof lining is saging. any one elses starting to do that?
CRAAAAP!!!!
After saying that my roof lining is good I just noticed that the passenger side is sagging.
I'm guessing that I'll have to take out the whole headlining to fix it. I'm thinking that contact adhesive would be best. Any better ideas please??

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Any better ideas please??
The manufacturers planned obsolescence philosophy would have you junk the car and buy new again... supposedly it's QED according to the manufacturers playbook :eek:

Pissing off the manufacturers hopes, the real world repair is to remove the compelete lining board, peel off the material and rub off all the dehrading foam and apply new foam backed material to the cleaned board using quality spray adhesive the copes with high temperatures.

IIRC @Fu Manchu posted a pic of a 3M spray contact adhesive that workes well in the heat of W.A, in fact i think he or maybe @VS 5.0 (another W.A member) had a thread which outlined the repair process rather well ;)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The manufacturers planned obsolescence philosophy would have you junk the car and buy new again... supposedly it's QED according to the manufacturers playbook :eek:

Pissing off the manufacturers hopes, the real world repair is to remove the compelete lining board, peel off the material and rub off all the dehrading foam and apply new foam backed material to the cleaned board using quality spray adhesive the copes with high temperatures.

IIRC @Fu Manchu posted a pic of a 3M spray contact adhesive that workes well in the heat of W.A, in fact i think he or maybe @VS 5.0 (another W.A member) had a thread which outlined the repair process rather well ;)

I've done it a couple of time.....first in the VS thread (VS 5.0 in the VS ride section) which worked out well.

Second time was in the Mini (Mini !!! thread in the miscellaneous ride section) but that failed twice.

I won't be doing it again in any vehicle.

PS the Mini still doesn't have a roof lining and won't until I extract the digit and get a pro to do it lol.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
3M HighStrength 90.

IMG_6037.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve never had one fail. I’ve done quite a few with it. I did one with 75. Also did well.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
@RevNev what adhesive do you use in your black roof liner conversions?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
@RevNev what adhesive do you use in your black roof liner conversions?
Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive. It's a super tacky contact cement. The first one, I used a Sika brand contact cement and the roof lining material started to separate from the back board after a couple of months and I had to do it again with the better Permatex adhesive.

515Wx515H-DI04131-1.png

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive. It's a super tacky contact cement. The first one, I used a Sika brand contact cement and the roof lining material started to separate from the back board after a couple of months and I had to do it again with the better Permatex adhesive.

View attachment 264509

That's what I have used.