Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
That's what I have used.
Yes, it works well. It's 7 years since I first used the Permatex adhesive and it's still holding up strong! Autobarn usually keep it in stock.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That's what I have used.
May be the different is the average heat in Perth W.A as compared Adelaide S.A. Maybe the issue comes down to an average difference of 1/2 a degree C :eek:

Heck heat can catch the most accomplished manufacturers out. I remember Toyota had a large recall of Aussie built cars sent to A.E because the head-linings mimics Bedouin tents yet there was no issue with the stuff kept on our shores :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
To add further to the above, successful adhesion could also be related to any cleaning fluid used during the cleanup process. Sometimes some stuff doesn’t like to stick as well if some other chemical has been used previously.

For example I’ve had delaminating issues with Monocell gold clear varnish not sticking well to wood which has previously been stained one wood stain brand but worked well with another brand wood stain (can’t remember the brands).

Guess some chemicals may work opposite to an Loctite 76?? Primer often used with stuff like Liquid Metal or shaft retaining compounds…

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
May be the different is the average heat in Perth W.A as compared Adelaide S.A. Maybe the issue comes down to an average difference of 1/2 a degree C :eek:

Heck heat can catch the most accomplished manufacturers out. I remember Toyota had a large recall of Aussie built cars sent to A.E because the head-linings mimics Bedouin tents yet there was no issue with the stuff kept on our shores :rolleyes:

The VS worked fine with the same adhesive.

I'm putting it down to the different shape of the Mini board (it is deeper than the VS) or beginner's luck with the VS.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I reckon they will be.
The bottom end of VF struts is different to VE struts. You can't swap them.
That's why there is only about 2 aftermarket options for VF front struts but about 8 options for VEs.
The VF has a wider space between the flanges on the bottom where the 2 bolts go through and not many companies bother to make them.

Sprog Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm V6 - 3.8L
Sports Armour

Bugger scratched the paint already does anybody think the sports armour is worth $300 i think its a bit rich, any one know of after market suppliers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
[/QUOTE]
Yes I do. It's on my VF, one of the best things I've ever done to it.