Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF roof lining

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Maybe not but from what I understand it’s much easier to do in a wagon :cool:

Pity Holden didn’t do a limited edition wagon with their last run of LE model variants :rolleyes: Imagine a wagon with a manual box and mag ride, I’d put up with a Bedouin tent :p :cool:
Did Sportwagon's come with MRC?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Did Sportwagon's come with MRC?
I don't believe the was any magride suspension options for the wagon in either Holden or HSV products.

AFAIK, magride was only offered in HSV sedans, starting with VE, before Holden finally included such a feature in their best of last edition VF sedan (but not in the best of the last utes and no best of the last wagons were offered).

You know those VF best of the last editions, the ones which like all of the last VF's had the cheapness stick waved over them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I don't believe the was any magride suspension options for the wagon in either Holden or HSV products.

AFAIK, magride was only offered in HSV sedans, starting with VE, before Holden finally included such a feature in their best of last edition VF sedan (but not in the best of the last utes and no best of the last wagons were offered).

You know those VF best of the last editions, the ones which like all of the last VF's had the cheapness stick waved over them :rolleyes:
No ute was ever fitted with MRC, as there is no access to the area above the damper to hook up the harness connector.
Wasn't sure about the wagons if they had a similar set up.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I've ordered the material and adhesive from Reeces I hope it's okay. I'll let you know when it arrives and I have a go at fitting it.

Reactions: Lex

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I have replaced my roof lining. It's a little bit fiddly getting it in and out, but basically an easy job.
It was stupidly easy to brush off the old foam!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_170237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_170237_Gallery.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240318_170216_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_170216_Gallery.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20240318_170138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_170138_Gallery.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 52

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Maybe not but from what I understand it’s much easier to do in a wagon :cool:

Pity Holden didn’t do a limited edition wagon with their last run of LE model variants :rolleyes: Imagine a wagon with a manual box and mag ride, I’d put up with a Bedouin tent :p :cool:

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
My roof lining is still fine in my car. The lining on the parcel shelf is starting to lift in 2 places along the crease line. You can see one spot in the photo on the left side of the centre anchor point. I suppose the parcel shelf would be much easier to remove and fix than the roof lining.

Anyone else have this problem?

IMG_5492.jpg

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My roof lining is still fine in my car. The lining on the parcel shelf is starting to lift in 2 places along the crease line. You can see one spot in the photo on the left side of the centre anchor point. I suppose the parcel shelf would be much easier to remove and fix than the roof lining.

Anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 265613
Ours did that on the VE just the same.
I recovered it. Parcel shelf sucks to get out as well. It’s not as simple as you think.