Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
M

mwb235

That’s impressive. And not excessively priced either. Would just need to find a decent quality double-din headunit to suit - I’d want some more info on what headunit would suit and make sure they retain all factory features like reverse cam, BT, aux in, steering wheel controls, etc.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Saw something similar on our local Autobarn FB page this morning.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
That’s impressive. And not excessively priced either. Would just need to find a decent quality double-din headunit to suit - I’d want some more info on what headunit would suit and make sure they retain all factory features like reverse cam, BT, aux in, steering wheel controls, etc.
Yes, I agree. There was no mention of a camera display on the ebay page. Dunno if that would be part of the CanBus digital stuff, I somehow doubt it, I use mine a lot and the guidelines that move with the steering wheel rotation are very handy!
The other thing is it looks like the Double Din unit has a much smaller screen than my Calais that has the GPS option.
Good to see that there is a viable alternative though.

While I'm here, my dealer has got onto Holden several times (at my insistence) about my crappy GPS (see my earlier posts) and they are going to replace the whole unit (I think and hope). Last time they replaced just the 'silver box' - whatever that was...

M

mwb235

Last time they replaced just the 'silver box' - whatever that was...

That’s the headunit itself (contains CD player in series 1). On the factory nav models this box also contains the navigation circuitry. Looks like this:

4CF5A79E-5259-4886-90CE-30D25507F829.jpeg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not by a Holden dealer, requires a hacker to do it.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
or if you can find a dealer that will use a VIN from a model that has it to download the upgrade

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
or if you can find a dealer that will use a VIN from a model that has it to download the upgrade
I’ve not seen anyone reporting this as working; the poxy upgrade process itself seems to block this from working.