Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Wow...

So at least this means it's out now yeah?

Howdy6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY14
Couldn't get it done yesterday due to Holden running out of USBs, now got to wait until Friday week. Takes 5 days to deliver to the Dealer apparently.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Annoying, I've written to my dealership today I have a service in a fortnight and want the update - good advice.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Couldn't get it done yesterday due to Holden running out of USBs, now got to wait until Friday week. Takes 5 days to deliver to the Dealer apparently.
Pardon my ignorance, but why do they need multiple USB's? Do they use one per car or something?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Pardon my ignorance, but why do they need multiple USB's? Do they use one per car or something?
I think it refers to sending USBs out to dealers across Australia (and New Zealand?). Also, there may be different USBs for each model that uses MyLink (e.g., VF Commodore, Astra, Malibu, Cruze, Cascada, Volt).

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I think it refers to sending USBs out to dealers across Australia (and New Zealand?). Also, there may be different USBs for each model that uses MyLink (e.g., VF Commodore, Astra, Malibu, Cruze, Cascada, Volt).
Got it thanks mate. I read it as though the dealer had run out of USB's rather than Holden.

Last edited:

Howdy6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY14
Yep I was confused about that and asked why - "don't you just upload from a usb" but he explained it like each up-dated maps is on one usb and they unplug the old one & plug in the new one. See what happens.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yep I was confused about that and asked why - "don't you just upload from a usb" but he explained it like each up-dated maps is on one usb and they unplug the old one & plug in the new one. See what happens.
Huh.. that doesnt sound quite right...

Theres no 'permanent' usb in the Mylink... Iv literally stripped one apart so Im certain :D
The maps would be updated from the USB, but from what Iv been told, each USB is linked to the specific vehicle its ordered for.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Right, so. Just for those that are curious.

All VF's get the same update but a 'license' has to be loaded onto the USB's which is unique for each vehicle, and also each update.
It then gets plugged into the USB slot.. Mylink does the update+reboot and finally USB is removed.

This has to be done everytime for a map update.