Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I had the Latest map update done a few weeks ago.
Select Config, Radio Settings, Software Version Menu, Software Version information. Latest map part# is 84160883, version 30.12.10.11. 3rd from the bottom of the list.

And this is the last map update via GMH.

View attachment 211600
[/QUOTE]
You should of asked them for it on USB lol ;)

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Speed limits are a Big Thing for me, I use the HUD a lot for that, now I've become used to it.
@Skylarking ... I thought Holden hadn't released any maps since not long after Commodore production ceased? Which, looking at the lag on their previous maps, would make the latest ones circa 2015.

Skylarking is correct, 2018 map data. My Redline had 2016 map data, so I thought why not and get the map update along with the dealer service. CPS is over so I'll be servicing my own car from now on.

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I had the Latest map update done a few weeks ago.
Select Config, Radio Settings, Software Version Menu, Software Version information. Latest map part# is 84160883, version 30.12.10.11. 3rd from the bottom of the list.

And this is the last map update via GMH.

View attachment 211600
I assume that AUS maps are very likely to have different part and version numbers than NZ ones
My p/n 84019565 has v 30.11.0F.11
20200611_130436-2.jpg

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Fu*king Motorama are useless I called up about 3 weeks ago to book my car in for a service and a map update drop the car off today and there was no mention of map update on the paperwork and when I asked about it the guy said you need to give us more notice to which I replied I requested the map update when booking the car in a month ago and he said well no one told us.

So now he wants me to take the car back in next week it get the map updated

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fu*king Motorama are useless I called up about 3 weeks ago to book my car in for a service and a map update drop the car off today and there was no mention of map update on the paperwork and when I asked about it the guy said you need to give us more notice to which I replied I requested the map update when booking the car in a month ago and he said well no one told us.

So now he wants me to take the car back in next week it get the map updated
Typical incompetence :oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... I thought Holden hadn't released any maps since not long after Commodore production ceased? Which, looking at the lag on their previous maps, would make the latest ones circa 2015.
Production ended late 2017 and the last map was supposed to be feb/March 2018 but was considerably delayed. Thought I’d wait for newer maps but was told none were coming...
Skylarking is correct, 2018 map data. My Redline had 2016 map data, so I thought why not and get the map update along with the dealer service. CPS is over so I'll be servicing my own car from now on.
Was just a guess on my part as the forum consensus seems to be by the time Holden releases a MyLink map update, the underlying map data is already more than a year old. In some cases it was shown to be almost 5 years old judging by what people have posted about large road infrastructure changes not being shown on MyLink maps.

As for CPS, if only they could “cap” their mistakes :p

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
My latest map shows as 84019565 so thats different to what is above.
I messaged Holden back in April who stated that there have been no updates to maps in the VF since 2017.
Have sent a general complaint to Fair Trading to see if they can help us, with a screenshot of the response from Holden and a quote from our manual that describes updates as being periodic...

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Mine NZ maps seems to have the most recent update as the numbers are same as the post above.
View attachment 211618

Your attachment shows the same as 3rspecB's latest Australian maps version (p/n 84160883 v 30.12.10.11), so now I'm confused.
Mine have not been updated since purchasing the ute new in 2017 (I asked at each service and was told none available). Mind you, it was out of date from new and the satnav still directs me to drive across the old Stone Store bridge in Kerikeri despite it being demolished a decade ago.

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
My latest map shows as 84019565 so thats different to what is above.
I messaged Holden back in April who stated that there have been no updates to maps in the VF since 2017.
Have sent a general complaint to Fair Trading to see if they can help us, with a screenshot of the response from Holden and a quote from our manual that describes updates as being periodic...
That's the part number, is the version number - 30.11.0F.11 ?