Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Point of my 2¢ is that the science is the same, nobody makes more power given a known bolt-on upgrade / combo.

So so true, I remember in the early days of ls1's a place telling me they had a new tune come in that's was so much better lol.

In the end a bolt on ls3 is going to have around the same kws when tuned(there is no super tuner getting extra 50kws maybe the polariser and 2" headers lol).

Luckly never had a bad tune yet, had a average one with cam(first VE with a cam for tuner early 07) but a little extra work got her running sweet.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Didn't Russo Performance ran an 11's with bolt on mods ve ss?

Or do you blokes reckon there was more done to it than let on.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Update from post #207

Changes:
-Pacemaker 5387 tri's
-200 cell cats
-harrop otr
-Updated Oztrack mafless tune
-61kg less -> removed spare, jack , baby seats, rubber boot liner, header and cat weight reduction, air intake weight reduction
-Better air but still a slight headwind
-Launch of idle instead of stalling up of the line (auto trans). Left foot brake, right foot take up slack on go pedal. Last orange mash go pedal to the floor as you release the brake.

Still on stock bridgestones and again reduced pressure to 30psi

Best time 12.6 @ 182km/hr

Ran 4 runs total , others 12.7 @ 181km/hr. slips attached I'm T17

Thankyou to Steve at Oztrack car ran great and fellow forum members for such useful knowledge on here.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_5150.JPG
    IMG_5150.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_5151.JPG
    IMG_5151.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Got to sit with the family And watched the street quick performance vf ute run 11.5@190kmhr with a stock cam! Pb 11.47. Awesome result

I spoke to John during the week and the ute went 11.1 @ 124mph with a cam in the engine. Will be great to see his next update on the website to see the power increase that went from 11.4's to 11.1 and how big that cam is!

I am getting my car ready to race at the Holden Nationals down here at Heathcote in a couple of weeks time.

It will be interesting to see what 353rwkw does in the real world with Drag Radials, Converter and Front Runners. :)

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
I spoke to John during the week and the ute went 11.1 @ 124mph with a cam in the engine. Will be great to see his next update on the website to see the power increase that went from 11.4's to 11.1 and how big that cam is!

I am getting my car ready to race at the Holden Nationals down here at Heathcote in a couple of weeks time.

It will be interesting to see what 353rwkw does in the real world with Drag Radials, Converter and Front Runners. :)

Impressive results. No updates yet on his website

Be sure to post up your results. Enjoy

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
Do you have the name of the website? I think I checked it out about 6 months ago. Is it the guy who owns a performance shop (or exhaust shop?) and has been doing incremental upgrades and does a 1/4 run each time to see the results? I think he is in S.A or W.A.? Well my description is pretty vague as it only narrows it down to a about 1000 people but I figure its the same guy......