Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Flo Rida,

it might have been asked before, but what size and offset are your rear wheels with the Drag Radials on? What size and brand tyre?

Would you be able to post some shots to show clearance etc, etc?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Anyone know about new helmet regulations? Took the vf to the motorplex last week and was rejected as my helmet has the older AS1698 standard?? Apparently updated 2013. Wasn't happy, pleaded my case but no luck.
We'll Check for an updated sticker on your helmet nowadays but it doesn't matter if your car has no abs/air bags /stability control because an updated sticker will save your life :rolleyes:
Got to sit with the family And watched the street quick performance vf ute run 11.5@190kmhr with a stock cam! Pb 11.47. Awesome result

http://streetquick.com.au/news/project-vf-ii/project-vf-ii-part-i-the-new-frontier

Last edited:

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Anyone know about new helmet regulations? Took the vf to the motorplex last week and was rejected as my helmet has the older AS1698 standard?? Apparently updated 2013. Wasn't happy, pleaded my case but no luck.
We'll Check for an updated sticker on your helmet nowadays but it doesn't matter if your car has no abs/air bags /stability control because an updated sticker will save your life :rolleyes:
Got to sit with the family And watched the street quick performance vf ute run 11.5@190kmhr with a stock cam! Pb 11.47. Awesome result

http://streetquick.com.au/news/project-vf-ii/project-vf-ii-part-i-the-new-frontier
Thanks for the update.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

1.53 60’ sort of tells the story more, not really about having near stock power with FBO to cut the time, shows importance of hooking up, transmission and weight prep for drag setup.
I am waiting to see this right rig donning the Mast 4.0 heads with various cams and John’s tuning.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Yep sure does! Really blasted of the start line hard.

I guessed maybe gears / high stall as the terminal speed was still the same. Combination of tweaks

Welcome back btw

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
took the wife's vf ssv auto down to the strip tonight complete with baby seats in back :)

Oztrack remote ecu/gearbox tune
Hsv 2.5" mid section exhaust
30 psi in the rear Bridgestones

13.29sec @ 171kmhr
2.09sec 60 foot

All runs fairly consistent. The family hauler did well

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 310

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Well done mate. Time for a OTR next?

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Well done mate. Time for a OTR next?

Thanks.
Boring option and probably leave as is for now. The wife wants it faster, not that she can use the extra top end on the street. If anything I'd change the headers to change the sound a little (exhaust note much better post tune though)and if I did that then maybe OTR or preferably the rotofab option.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Rotofab for looks? Do they work as good as OTR's?