Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Actually prefer the look of the harrop Otr. Rotofab an option As read plenty of good things said in the past from forum members. I have no experience myself.

Either way I'll need to be oiling a filter /cleaning the maf if any excess oil/ emptying out intake rubbish. Been there

Oem is simple and easy maintenance for the time being but boring.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Would screening the front of the OTR reduce the amount of rubbish?

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
took the wife's vf ssv auto down to the strip tonight complete with baby seats in back :)

xxxxxx remote ecu/gearbox tune
Hsv 2.5" mid section exhaust
30 psi in the rear Bridgestones

13.29sec @ 171kmhr
2.09sec 60 foot

Mike

Not wanting to bag any one...but my suggestion would be to take the car to someone like Active Automotive and have it re-tuned. Happy to share my before and after printout from the same remote tune vs AA tune on my previous VE SS ute....but in between i did add headers (still had the same CBE). The gearbox improvement was very noticeable.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Not wanting to bag any one...but my suggestion would be to take the car to someone like Active Automotive and have it re-tuned. Happy to share my before and after printout from the same remote tune vs AA tune on my previous VE SS ute....but in between i did add headers (still had the same CBE). The gearbox improvement was very noticeable.

Hi bud,

Appreciate the feedback. I went with the remote tune for convienience / option to add any bolt ons with a free upgrade tune if need be / not needing to take time of work. I nearly booked in with harrop eng in Victoria park.

I wanted better low down response, slightly better exhaust note and a better gearbox tune which the oztrack tune has achieved. Post tune Top end power felt very similar to stock, Steve quoted me + 10-15kw which I think Is honest. Driving 2 members vf2 auto redlines back to back and a 171 terminal speed at the strip kind of reflect this and I'm fine with that as I realise the tune is most probably on the safer side up top. Shift points are 6250rpm which from memory is the same as stock. Car is the wife's daily otherwise would have been wanting to chase better numbers.

I have no doubt an active automotive tune would potentially lead to a better top end. Street quick performance for example achieved 186kmhr terminal speed with an otr and tune (but more favourable conditions). Huge gain

Mike

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
Hi bud,
I have no doubt an active automotive tune would potentially lead to a better top end. Street quick performance for example achieved 186kmhr terminal speed with an otr and tune (but more favourable conditions). Huge gain
Mike

I was more talking about a better tune...especially if you go the headers. If you have a look at the attached dyno print out...i was the same situation as you...oztrack tune (incl gearbox), then fitted headers and took it to active for a retune. The gearbox was the most noticable difference. I was able to get them to have it drop into top gear if i was a minimal throttle at 80km...as i do a lot of driving at that speed. With the mail tune...it would sit in a gear lower...and id have to go into manual to change up. The shift changes were also a lot quicker.

Just my 2c worth....but after this id never go back to a remote tune.

Attachments

• 20160421_171050.jpg
    20160421_171050.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 361

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I was more talking about a better tune...especially if you go the headers. If you have a look at the attached dyno print out...i was the same situation as you...oztrack tune (incl gearbox), then fitted headers and took it to active for a retune. The gearbox was the most noticable difference. I was able to get them to have it drop into top gear if i was a minimal throttle at 80km...as i do a lot of driving at that speed. With the mail tune...it would sit in a gear lower...and id have to go into manual to change up. The shift changes were also a lot quicker.

Good peak number. Only 25-30rwkw off a cammed W407...

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Thanks for the input blackjack. Looks like a solid gain everywhere.

If I do purchase an otr and headers I'll be installing them myself so the free 'upgrade tune' from oztrack would be convienient - bit of a waste not to make use of it as I've already paid for it. If the top end is down and the driveability horrid then I'd definetly consider another tune if it can't be rectified.

Appreciate your feedback

Mike

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Good peak number. Only 25-30rwkw off a cammed W407...
A 45 rwhp difference goes in my ‘considerable’ pigeonhole.
You can definitely get same result whether in person or remote, and yes that trans edit and header update is covered under OzTrack’s deal.
I started with in-person tune(s) then remote(s) then my own V2 with remote help, then in-person help then more remote help, now V2 and wideband are permanently installed onboard and log everyday.
Point of my 2¢ is that the science is the same, nobody makes more power given a known bolt-on upgrade / combo.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Thanks for your input monstar

Mike

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
A 45 rwhp difference goes in my ‘considerable’ pigeonhole.

Yep. Me too. But, if I paid all that extra mulah for the cam, I'd hope to have a wider gap everywhere under the curve. At least beyond say 4,500rpm. That said, the pants dyno probably feels a lot stronger up there (comparatively speaking) than the numbers suggest.
It just surprised me a little how close it was.