Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The story thus far ..
Awesome story Flo. Great to watch and hear about the progression. 12.8 is quick for stock 1.8t car, on street tyres. The cam knocked 0.8sec off the ET! Huge! Excellent results for this car with an unopened N/A V8. She's quick Mate!
Hey, the voiceover bloke missed his calling in radio. Haha.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Excellent results for this car with an unopened N/A V8
Yes good result, I was expecting some more detail TBH. @426Cuda you have to unzip a few things in order to shove your bump stick in!
FBCBDA97-9329-411F-BC6A-AA19533C9AF3.jpeg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes good result, I was expecting some more detail TBH. @426Cuda you have to unzip a few things in order to shove your bump stick in!
View attachment 194871
Fair call Monstar. Bit subjective. I guess I have always considered heads off or bottom end out as meaning opened. Old school...Bit different with the LS's. Definately unzipped!

shadow69

Reaction score
Members Ride
magnum on order
wow. nice result flo rida. can you tell me what size the hoosier's are on the 18". i went to my local tyre supplier and was told to hard to fit drag radials with the big brakes on my magnum? also is it worth going the semi slick tyre route or just go straight to hoosiers?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Awesome story Flo. Great to watch and hear about the progression. 12.8 is quick for stock 1.8t car, on street tyres. The cam knocked 0.8sec off the ET! Huge! Excellent results for this car with an unopened N/A V8. She's quick Mate!
Hey, the voiceover bloke missed his calling in radio. Haha.
Cheers Cuda

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
wow. nice result flo rida. can you tell me what size the hoosier's are on the 18". i went to my local tyre supplier and was told to hard to fit drag radials with the big brakes on my magnum? also is it worth going the semi slick tyre route or just go straight to hoosiers?
Good Questions! Go directly to the hoosiers. My Hoosiers are 245/40-18 however they're not the same size as an aussie tyre. A normal 245/40r18 here is 8.5 inches wide with an external rolling diameter of 25.4inches. These are about 9.25 inches wide on 18 x 8.5 inch rims and have an external dia of 26 inches. I've done 3 meets on thesechoosiers and they still have almost all of their rubber still on. If you get hoosier DOT radials make sure it's the DR2 compound. This is the newer compound. Better tyre wear and stickier than the previous models.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
PS These will clear 2 pot rear brembos on 18s

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Haha I remember where the cam is! An "unopened" engine is an engine with stock internals.
The camshaft is the defining internal component that determines whether our engine is 330 or 525 hp.
@426Cuda (say what you want casually in a forum but) strictly speaking is better described as "cam-only" in relation to internal modifications. Whether heads come off or no, a cam-in-block type motor that has undergone a cam swap procedure is not "unopened" as to infer a stock motor.
View media item 301