Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
20/1. Hunter Valley to Canberra running e10 94 octane, cruise control set on 115km/h, air conditioning set at 20c. Best: 8.0, average 8.2l. That includes being stuck on Pennant Hills Road for 40 odd minutes in the heat yesterday.

BTW i dont normally run e10 but it was so cheap compared to premium 98 i thought i would give it a try.

Last edited:

michael strochano

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
9000ks 12.9L pretty good I think but cost of fuel doesn't bother me

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
9000ks 12.9L pretty good I think but cost of fuel doesn't bother me
That’s what I thought until I realised that $20-$50 twice a week could be better spent.

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Hi Monster, I have a stock standard VF2 Redline automatic for which I am considering getting an Oztrack tune. I want to optimise what is in the vehicle. I have however considered installing a flex-fuel sensor. The electrical side will be easy for me although I have not yet investigated what fuel connectors I will need and the exact under-hood placement of the sensor. Do you think it is worth the extra complication in a standard vehicle, that I am unlikely to modify? In particular I am interested in any extra performance from the ethanol. Fuel consumption is not a big issue as I usually only use the vehicle on the weekend.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the flex sensors usually have the GM EFI clip on style fitting (same as the factory hard line at firewall) so u can fit them inline quite easily

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi Monster, I have a stock standard VF2 Redline automatic for which I am considering getting an Oztrack tune. I want to optimise what is in the vehicle. I have however considered installing a flex-fuel sensor. The electrical side will be easy for me although I have not yet investigated what fuel connectors I will need and the exact under-hood placement of the sensor. Do you think it is worth the extra complication in a standard vehicle, that I am unlikely to modify? In particular I am interested in any extra performance from the ethanol. Fuel consumption is not a big issue as I usually only use the vehicle on the weekend.
OzTrack will give LS3 a good tune for ethanol. Yes it is worth it on near stock LS3, mainly less effort / more power down low like 2500. So whether a little tip-in cruising or working your way up to 4400 OzTrack will recalibrate the tune to perform noticeably better than stock particularly under those conditions.
Also on hot day giving it the boot it will stay responsive longer before heatsoak and timing retard.

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Thanks O7GTS and Monstar for the information. When time allows, it will be my next project.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks O7GTS and Monstar for the information. When time allows, it will be my next project.
I'll be very interested to hear how it goes.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
After 12 months, finally got to do a long distance trip in the LS3 Auto (A/C + cruise on + full boot + 98) at Easter from Gold Coast to Sydney. The 2 mainly Freeway legs were Port Macquarie to Sydney northern suburbs 10.1 l/100 over 373 km and returning from Port Macquarie to Gold Coast 10.0 l/100 over 475 km. The trip computer says best was 9.3 somewhere. Comparatively, my VE AFM did 9.1 - 9.3 in similar conditions. So not too bad really. Driving around Sydney - different story!

Last edited: