Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just out of interest.
For people who have had the intake, exhaust, headers and tune.

How much did it improve fuel economy?
I’m tempted to go to MorPowa later in the year and get that fitted. I’ll be adding a few k’s to the car (auto).

Just getting some fuel economy information to sway the other half :)
It improved it heaps mate. Nudge wink.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
In regard to bi modal, do your cars use more fuel with it on or off or about the same.
As a consequence, is there any power loss or gain?
I haven't looked too closely, but I think mine is a bit more thirsty with it on and no noticeable power gain.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... but I think mine is a bit more thirsty with it on...
Doesn’t the system run rich and dump a little more fuel on overrun when in performance mode (so you get a few crackles and pops or a better exhaust note)? Or is that feature of the LE models only?

Guess such a feature would use a little more juice.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just out of interest.

I’m tempted to go to MorPowa later in the year and get that fitted. I’ll be adding a few k’s to the car (auto).

My Vf2 would be the first Ls I didn't notice a massive change in fuel economy after tune(normal around 1 to 1.5L better) but I am only at 6000kms avg is 11.5 for a manual mostly highway kms around 70%

Jax9476

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS-V Redline
Hi guys, i just recently bought a Vf Series 2 SS Redline that already had the OTR and full exhaust system fitted( i assume it was tuned as well) with a dyno chart reading 377 rwhp and 670NM. After reading through various posts, that sounds about right. After having some fun over the first few days, i reset the trip meter and checked my fuel consumption. On a 50/50 mix of freeway\suburban driving taking it easy, i' was getting 14.2 L per 100kms, which seems high to me, especially considering the mods already installed. I'm running 98 octane fuel.
I have noticed a fuel smell from the exhaust after turning it off. Any chance it's running rich if was tuned?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi guys, i just recently bought a Vf Series 2 SS Redline that already had the OTR and full exhaust system fitted( i assume it was tuned as well) with a dyno chart reading 377 rwhp and 670NM. After reading through various posts, that sounds about right. After having some fun over the first few days, i reset the trip meter and checked my fuel consumption. On a 50/50 mix of freeway\suburban driving taking it easy, i' was getting 14.2 L per 100kms, which seems high to me, especially considering the mods already installed. I'm running 98 octane fuel.
I have noticed a fuel smell from the exhaust after turning it off. Any chance it's running rich if was tuned?

I'd get a dyno run for a check up, shouldn't smell fuel to much just when cold and cats heating up.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Just out of interest.

How are morpowa? might use them for a dynotune later on.