Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I just did a trip Sydney <-> Gold Coast loaded with family. The trip up all highway and roadworks, averaged 10.2.#By the time I ran around locally to theme parks all week and drove back, the overall trip average was 10.6. I think they get great mileage on the open road given the power thats available. I have done the same trip in previous cars including 4cyl CRV, 6cyl Falcon and I dont think either of them were any better, the smaller motors just need to work harder. Couldn't beat our diesel Audi though, will run 6 all day.

It has been low 14's around locally, poking the right foot definitely costs you but I think everybody knows that going in. Car has 5000K's on it after trip.

Brains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series2 SS,6.2lt
drive !/2hr to work every day, mainly 70kms, then 100kms zones most of the way. try it and see if it's crap.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
I have been averaging around 12.3 in city and 9.3 highway driving, and yes I too have a heavy foot. 6.2lt auto

drive !/2hr to work every day, mainly 70kms, then 100kms zones most of the way. try it and see if it's crap.

That's not city driving mate.....
I drive 7kms to work in Sydney's inner suburbs, start stop all the way. Junctions, traffic lights, heavy traffic etc..... there's no way anyone is getting 12l/100km in city traffic, especially if you have a heavy foot.

17-19l/100km is all i can manage, and that's driving easy with the odd squirt off the lights (only done 500km in the car so far).

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Brand new SS manual from Geelong to Adelaide avg 10L per 100 over the trip, was at 33L/h at start with 12km on her and was running 9.7 but Adelaide traffic got it up to 10.

700km trip

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
this is for the 6.0 its average with 13.4l/100 but thats got some long drives in there.
When i look at the last 100-500ks in the trip, if its been suburb stop start sits around 17l/100 very easily.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That's not city driving mate.....
I drive 7kms to work in Sydney's inner suburbs, start stop all the way. Junctions, traffic lights, heavy traffic etc..... there's no way anyone is getting 12l/100km in city traffic, especially if you have a heavy foot.

17-19l/100km is all i can manage, and that's driving easy with the odd squirt off the lights (only done 500km in the car so far).
Yeah I reckon that's about what we're getting in those circumstances, although we're not using any more fuel than the '95 ecomoo was when used the same way (except the ecomoo would do <7L/100km on the highway as long as you didn't set the cruise over about 105km/h ... 115km/h would use ~10% more fuel).
Even when I'm dropped-off by the better-half on her way to work (which has happened a lot since we bought the car), it's only switched-on for 15 minutes at a time, and it's probably only going 10 km ... probably more like your 7km when she goes straight to work.
Plus it's probably not helped by the fact that every time she turns onto one of the 70 zones she just about flattens it & says "she does that better than the old one used to!". :)

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Have had my redline sedan for 5 months now. Averages 17.4L/ 100km in stop start city driving with occasional spurts. Just came back from a road trip from Melbourne to Mildura and was on 10.5L/ 100km sitting on the highway with some aggressive overtaking for good measure!

Jasjul

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to be VF2 SS
According to vehicle computer, we're averaging 11.5 running 98 only after 4500kms. Mainly 80-100 zones. Manual.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
So here's my stats:
BP98 Ultimate
Average 14.3
Best 10.4
And again, I have a heavy foot.

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
VFII Redline Wagon
98 fuel only
1,500km
Average is 15.1
Best is 10.6 (Trip from Melbourne to Geelong)
Majority of my K's are done on the Tullamarine freeway to and from the city