Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Drivetrain Vibration

JMC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline UTE
Recently got a VF Redline Ute however experiencing what feels to be driveshaft vibration at certain speeds (70-80k). Has anybody else come across this?

Last edited:

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
My VE has a similar vibration when lugging along in 6th gear at around the same speed. Like the torque converter or something.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Try Rotating the tailshaft at the diff end. Undo the 6 bolts and rotate. there are 3 positions possible. My vibration was at about 90-100 k's though, but you could feel it in through the accelerator pedal.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Mine has a noise that when I first heard it I mistook for a change in road surface.
I can generate it at around 30k's and again at maybe 80ish.
You have to be right in the sweet spot though for it to happen.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
You sure it's not the AFM kicking in?

holdenfan16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Mine has a noise that when I first heard it I mistook for a change in road surface.
I can generate it at around 30k's and again at maybe 80ish.
You have to be right in the sweet spot though for it to happen.

Just wondering if you guys resolved these issues? We picked up our ssv wagon and finding the same problems at 40, 60 and 80, only happens sometimes but its like driving on a corrugated road. We tried it in drive, sports and manual so it cant be the afm kicking in on our car. Going in for a check up next wek at the dealership to try and resolve it.

Cheers

Holdenfan16

rayman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportwagon
I get a slight vibration when coming down to 1200RPM coasting. Maybe this is the AFM.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes, all sounds like conditions when our engine switches to Active Fuel Management.

JMC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline UTE
Still trying to locate what is causing this vibration. The dealer has replaced the tail shaft and exhaust however the vibration is still there. Today the dealer disabled the AFM which he believes stop the vibration. I am going to take it for a run tomorrow with the AFM disabled and see if this is the cause. Will let you know. Has anybody else been able to pin point it yet?

JMC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline UTE
Yep you guys were right. AFM is causing the vibration. With the car plugged into a computer to show when AFM is kicking in and out, the vibration was at these times. With the AFM disabled it stopped the vibration. Apparently AFM in the VF is more noticeable than in the VE for whatever reason. AFM is still active in Sports mode however not Sports Shift (Manual). The dealer thinks Holden may bring out a software upgrade to disable AFM at these lower speeds to stop the vibration but no word on this yet. I think some cars must have it worse than others.