Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Drivetrain Vibration

Retroresto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportswagon
Hey guys,

I have a VF SS Sportwagon, i have the same issue sitting at a constant speed, it is annoying! can be present at anywhere between 50 - 85 kph. Hopefully Holden come up with a solution soon. Im going to be putting my 2 cents in when it goes in for a service. It annoys the wife, therefore she annoys me with her complaining about it!

JMC84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline UTE
Hey Retroresto,
If you have an auto put it in sports shift manual and see if this stops the problem. If it does its most likely the AFM vibration. I have been down this track with the dealer where nothing can be done unless Holden bring out a software update to disable AFM at these lower speeds. Hopefully you have better luck.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Hey Retroresto,
If you have an auto put it in sports shift manual and see if this stops the problem. If it does its most likely the AFM vibration. I have been down this track with the dealer where nothing can be done unless Holden bring out a software update to disable AFM at these lower speeds. Hopefully you have better luck.

Yep, this is worth checking, I reckon it's AFM if your cars auto.

Peter Hsvgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
VF ssv redline vibration in drivetrain it vibrates at all speeds on light throttle

Mine has a noise that when I first heard it I mistook for a change in road surface.
I can generate it at around 30k's and again at maybe 80ish.
You have to be right in the sweet spot though for it to happen.

G'day guys I have a VF ssv redline and I'm experience same vibration in the driveline at all speeds but mainly at 80 on very light throttle i've only done 13,000 km have taken the car back to Holden and it's been looked at as I speak the mechanics at Holden were being very tightlipped about it but were aware of it so you guys with VF ssv be aware I'd like to hear other peeps opinions

Peter Hsvgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
VF ssv redline vibration

Recently got a VF Redline Ute however experiencing what feels to be driveshaft vibration at certain speeds (70-80k). Has anybody else come across this?

Hey jmc I have a VF ssv redline with only 13,000 kms and I'm experiencing the same problem vibrations I have taken my car into the Holden dealership and waiting to see what comes out of it tomorrow and I would take your car for you and I'll let u know what the results are

Peter Hsvgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hey Retroresto,

Hey guys I've had my VF ssv redline checked out my by a Holden dealer on the vibration the dealer say it's a faulty converter they've ordered a new one there around the $1400 mark and I'm booked in for Tuesday 28/4/2015 hope all goes well . just a tip guys there's a heap ofm getting done

Peter Hsvgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hey guys I've had my VF ssv redline checked out my by a Holden dealer on the vibration the dealer say it's a faulty converter they've ordered a new one there around the $1400 mark and I'm booked in for Tuesday 28/4/2015 hope all goes well . just a tip guys there's a heap ofm getting done

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
We haven't done one VF convertor yet and I'm at one of the biggest dealers in QLD. There are a couple of techline fixes for driveline vibration in autos, neither relate to any major work (can't remember off the top of my head).