Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Drivetrain Vibration

purplesnak3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
My VF SS gets this vibration but only when decelerating, it starts at about 90 and will be noticeable until roughly 30 and only in 5th or 6th. On the way up though its all good, whether its a gentle acceleration or a good kick in the guts, its smooth as....

Retroresto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportswagon
Hey guys,

I had my 2013 VF SS sportswagon recently undergo the 15K services, i xplained the problem to the service guy and they did a software update. prior to the software update the AFM was coming in at all speeds. They said this was common on VF as they were trying to get better fuel economy out of the V8. Since the software upgrade the difference is chalk and cheese. the car is much more pleasant to drive and AFM doesnt cut in as much, over all im satisfied with the fix.

DAZVFV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I had my AFM turned of with the Maf tune....so much smoother now. AFM did kick in at any speed any time. So far economy seems about the same so all good.

lastaussiecommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf
I've complained to the dealer since mine was a few weeks old between 70 and 100 kph. They did nothing till the second service as they say holden officially had no technical update till then. They swapped drivetrains out changed rotation according to Holdens fix. Now I have it between 50 and 110. Great fix. Complained again last service and was told its characteristic of the model and basically accept it! Seems to kick in mostly on the speed limit so you have to slow down or speed up to stop it. I'm just wondering if the magistrate will accept "its just characteristic of my car I have to speed as it drives me and my family nuts".
Sound and vibration can cause other issues to the vehicle and I'm wondering if holden will fix those more than likely after the expired warranty period.
My redline is an awesome car when driven hard but unfortunately 99.5% of the time its a cruiser.Would never have bought it if I was aware of the issue and as this is an ongoing engineering issue on the v8 autos presume not just the ssv redlines but ss's find it very shabby of holden to continue as if its not a problem when they should be engineering the problem out. Hope they design a fix before Aussie production ends this v8 era.

Fish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Black
I have a VF2 Sv6 6000 ks and already have had a new torque converter put in.This worked for a week and the shudder started to return.I have it going back in next week for a second time and am a bit worried it might be the transmission causing the failures.I am not a mechanic...... is this possible?

Comm 79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline
Yea I have a VF 2 red and am experiencing the same problems. Not only that, I am getting some lash when either at about 60% throttle when it changes up or when lifting when it is about to go up a gear. You know holden had the hide to bump up the price by 10 k and it has already been back for exhaust rocker recall and they claim they can't detect a vibration in it. A friend of mine will be doing a report on it but geez, I've spend with the extras over 75k on this thing and is the first new car I've owned and shouldn't be made to feel this unhappy. Gem engine, brakes and chassis but had bought this car thinking it would be superior to the next gen of rear wheel V8 (ie: camaro). I think it's a piece of frigging junk!

lastaussiecommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf
An update to my earlier post 2015. In 2016 after complaining to the service manager on a regular service they found a Holden engineering update and fixed it! I was on the verge of selling it so awesome timing. Everyone is happy just took 2 years! Now 2018 and no issues whatsoever. Would be tempted to buy another one but sadly the new imported commodore is no commodore. Trading on the old aussie name is marketing bsheeet. RIP commodore era.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
An update to my earlier post 2015. In 2016 after complaining to the service manager on a regular service they found a Holden engineering update and fixed it! I was on the verge of selling it so awesome timing. Everyone is happy just took 2 years! Now 2018 and no issues whatsoever. Would be tempted to buy another one but sadly the new imported commodore is no commodore. Trading on the old aussie name is marketing bsheeet. RIP commodore era.
Excellent, what did they do to fix it?

lastaussiecommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf
Steve im not actually sure, they showed me the Holden engineering dealer guide to fixing it, had step by step instructions with photos and said thats what they did. I was just so freaking happy i didnt take much notice. Any Holden workshop would be able to access it on the database, sadly i dont think they share the info with the public.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Steve im not actually sure, they showed me the Holden engineering dealer guide to fixing it, had step by step instructions with photos and said thats what they did. I was just so freaking happy i didnt take much notice. Any Holden workshop would be able to access it on the database, sadly i dont think they share the info with the public.
Ok, good to know anyway. Thanks