Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV redline seats uncomfortable?

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
MSE seats have felt comfortable so far but i've only been on reletively short drives and not gone for long drives where i'd be sitting in them for a couple of hours.

Keep us posted and let me know if the seats are comfortable. The upholstery place has told me that the MSE seats are worse than the series 1 redline seats..

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
I did 200,000 km’s over 20 years in my Mazda and everything looked new inside and out with absolutely nothing wrong with the seats front or back. Sadly the car was written off by some idiot :mad:

So from my Mazda experience i’d say foam collapsing at 100,000 km’s is not ‘wear and tear’ but poor material choice and construction. Seems that’s a common denominator with Holden :(

So who did the rework on your seat, a Holden dealer or someone else? What did they actually do, take the seat out and do a reform on the drivers side bolster?

If the seat ‘pain in the bum’ issue occurred after the seat rework, best to take it back to who did the work as get them to look into it ;)

Hope I have better luck with my MSE than what’s seen by most Holden vehicles (Though the glue failing on the material strip on the bottom leading edge of the sunroof and on the underside of the wheel cover makes me think i’ll have fun with the dealer - not) o_O
Did 250,000km over 10 years in my LTD. Foam & support still good but the leather’s showing its age.
I’ve been driving the MSE for a month now and made a few weekend trips to the country. Seats have been quite comfortable, though I do share Skylarking’s issue about the glue failing on the material strip on the bottom leading edge of the sunroof.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
the frame that the seat cushion attaches too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...I do share Skylarking’s issue about the glue failing on the material strip on the bottom leading edge of the sunroof.
So i’m not the only one with the problem... wonder if Holden changed glue suppliers and now things with come unstuck (pun intended) just like when GM changed rocker arm suppliers :eek:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
So i’m not the only one with the problem... wonder if Holden changed glue suppliers and now things with come unstuck (pun intended) just like when GM changed rocker arm suppliers :eek:
My VF Redline did that too. Just pulled it off. No ill effects.

MSE seats are very comfy on a long trip. Wagga to Bathurst return, Wagga to Adealiade return. Comfy as. My Wife doesn't like the Redline pax seat on long trips. She has no issue with the drivers seat. But she loved the pax seat in the MSE on those two trips.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
yeah my wife isn't a fan of the passenger seat in my redline.
the driver's seat is growing on me, i wasn't the biggest fan originally.

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
I don't find it uncomfortable I simply don't like them. I must be an exception to the rule that likes firm hugging seats. I can already see the fake leather taking on a glossy look. I do lots of driving but not long distances and prefer a seat where I feel more attached to the car.

For a "performance focused" car and interior they are so far from that.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i think this is something ill look at in the future though

18119580_1661617520518250_7918686398743345701_n.jpg

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
i think this is something ill look at in the future though

I would get these if the side bolsters weren't foam. They need to be a firm hard material otherwise they will fail and collapse over time. My wife was telling me that the HSV seats became an issue for Holden/HSV due to their failure and the foam tearing internally.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I don't like the passenger seat in any car.

Has anyone looked into the Chevy SS seats (with the cooling)?