Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Series 2 - Blackout Packs - Does anyone have any pics?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Wow, they really sting you for the postage eh? Still if I was you get what you can from OPG. Surely the postage on the remainder won’t be that high? I wasn’t thinking about the window mould kit when you said blackout...looks like OPG want postage on that part but not the other parts?...anyway if you do it this way it’s not a huge price to pay for the look you want.

So your VF2 Redline has chrome? Was it just the 2017 run they changed to black? ....what colour paintwork is yours?

Have you seen the size of the package for the door/roof rail surrounds? I have a set of chrome ones at home and they take up so much space.

Andrew Hurley

Reaction score
Website
purepoolheating.com.au
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline
Wow, they really sting you for the postage eh? Still if I was you get what you can from OPG. Surely the postage on the remainder won’t be that high? I wasn’t thinking about the window mould kit when you said blackout...looks like OPG want postage on that part but not the other parts?...anyway if you do it this way it’s not a huge price to pay for the look you want.

So your VF2 Redline has chrome? Was it just the 2017 run they changed to black? ....what colour paintwork is yours?

Yeah man the postage is steep alright. I don't know what I want now lol

My SSV is in Prussian Steel so it really does need some black accents as the mix of chrome everywhere just looks too much like an old man's car.

I'll put up a few pics once I work it out. Cheers bro

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
View attachment 203092 View attachment 203093

First pic is from OPG and second pic is from JHP. JHP have all the parts I want where as OPG dont but it is also much higher postage costs to send to WA. For that order JHP automated online postage quote was around $250. I'm waiting on a reply from them on Monday.

How do those prices compare to buying from a local dealer ?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yeah man the postage is steep alright. I don't know what I want now lol

My SSV is in Prussian Steel so it really does need some black accents as the mix of chrome everywhere just looks too much like an old man's car.

I'll put up a few pics once I work it out. Cheers bro
My Dad bought a new Prussian Steel CalaisV (Series1) back in the day...still looks great with the chrome Calais grille etc but yeah can understand you considering blackout for SSV. Good luck with it...looking forward to seeing your pics eventually.

I don’t think you’ll do much cheaper (apart from wreckers of course) so I would go with OPG ...if I’m reading your advert image correctly...the trim moulding at $580 delivered and the other parts postage free for what I think you will find are fair prices...but as VS5.0 is saying, do a quick comparison with local Holden Dealer.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Fab at OPG is really easy to deal with and over the years I’ve bought quite a bit of gear off him.

I always ring or drop into the local Holden Spare Parts department and get a quote on anything I’m looking for then I check the web to see who’s selling it cheaper.

OPG’s prices are competitive and usually a little cheaper then Holden Spares and I always check with him to make sure what I’m getting is genuine Holden stock and he’s happy to say it genuine or an aftermarket copy and he’s happy to send out a prepaid return postage bag so you can just drop them off at the Post Office if for some reason you’re not happy with the product and want to return it.

The genuine stuff always arrives in unopened Holden packaging with the corrected labels and part numbers.

Send Fab a message before you buy and he’ll help you out and he can also often get you parts that are not shown in his ebay store.

Apart from that there are also a few Holden dealers lurking on ebay who are selling genuine parts and sometimes cheaper than over the counter.

Find out what the part is worth at the Dealerships then search and send off messages to the on-line sellers is the best way to start.

Andrew Hurley

Reaction score
Website
purepoolheating.com.au
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline
My Dad bought a new Prussian Steel CalaisV (Series1) back in the day...still looks great with the chrome Calais grille etc but yeah can understand you considering blackout for SSV. Good luck with it...looking forward to seeing your pics eventually.

I don’t think you’ll do much cheaper (apart from wreckers of course) so I would go with OPG ...if I’m reading your advert image correctly...the trim moulding at $580 delivered and the other parts postage free for what I think you will find are fair prices...but as VS5.0 is saying, do a quick comparison with local Holden Dealer.

She is safely parked in her new home now. I picked her up today. Those gills look too good in chrome I doubt I'll ever blacken them

Attachments

• IMG_20190115_181607_377.jpg
    IMG_20190115_181607_377.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 274

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
She is safely parked in her new home now. I picked her up today. Those gills look too good in chrome I doubt I'll ever blacken them
Oh ok...so this is a new purchase?...I just assumed you had the car for some time and where considering the blackout treatment for a change of look. Well if you’re happy with the gills then you won’t go and change the window trim to black would you?

hypeAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 5L; HSV Gen-F2 Senator
G'day everyone, first time poster here, sorry to resurrect this thread after such a long time, but I've been searching for information and I'm pretty sure, but just can't 100% find it confirmed....... and I know for sure there will be people on this tread who will know.........

When you remove the exterior chrome window trim on the VF, does it wreck it or can you re-use it? I read someone say that the clips are one-time-use and they get wrecked on removal...... But I also read quite a few times in this thread to keep the trim so you can change the look up of the car every now and then. That's 100% what I want to do.

I currently have chrome, but want to go all black BUT want to still have the option to go back to chrome/original in the future again if I choose to do so.

Can anyone who's changed the window trim on a VF please confirm if it's re-usable?? Thanks so much in advance for any replies from people with experience of doing this to their car!! Cheers.