Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Series 2 - Blackout Packs - Does anyone have any pics?

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sedan Manual LS3, VY II Adventra LS1 CX8
I'm in the camp where I like the badge removed as I think it cleans up and smooths out the rear a little but I'm not fanatical about it and can swing both ways.

This is mine with the lion removed but I've retained the SS and V badge.

View attachment 195516

That does look nice, especially those mags.

Edsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline my 16
just had my redline done today will try and sort out how to post pics and put them up before and after pics . when I went to pick mine up I had to look twice as the car looked totally different with the black out parts on only knew it was mine caus of the number plates . I also got the redline scuff plates installed they look great , they should come with the car for the amount you pay , also they gave me the parts they took off , if any one needs replacements for what ever reason let me know .

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
just had my redline done today will try and sort out how to post pics and put them up before and after pics . when I went to pick mine up I had to look twice as the car looked totally different with the black out parts on only knew it was mine caus of the number plates . I also got the redline scuff plates installed they look great , they should come with the car for the amount you pay , also they gave me the parts they took off , if any one needs replacements for what ever reason let me know .

Hang on to all the trim pieces ed, you can change them over every so often to freshen up the look.

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
if anyone in Perth wants to part with their chrome window surrounds or wants to trade for some black ones, please pm me

Andrew Hurley

Reaction score
Website
purepoolheating.com.au
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline
Great thread, I am about to place an order for all of the black parts for my VF2 SSV and I am tossing up between Genuine GM Holden parts from JHP or buying it from OPG Original parts group on ebay.
Considerable saving from OPG. Anyone had experience with parts from OPG?

Also, it all looks pretty straight forward to install? Any advice for a pure novice? And if I want to take off any decal badges what is the best way to get them off without damaging anything?
Cheers,

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I generally use De-Solv-It spray on stickers and decals ,leave it for a while to soak in , and then for badges use some fishing line or in my case brickies string line and pull it through the back of the badge

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Great thread, I am about to place an order for all of the black parts for my VF2 SSV and I am tossing up between Genuine GM Holden parts from JHP or buying it from OPG Original parts group on ebay.
Considerable saving from OPG. Anyone had experience with parts from OPG?

Also, it all looks pretty straight forward to install? Any advice for a pure novice? And if I want to take off any decal badges what is the best way to get them off without damaging anything?
Cheers,
I’ve ordered 2 console covers (the padded CalaisV/SSV) from OPG about 12 months ago - no problems with their service. I’m curious to know what price differences you’re seeing on the black out parts though.

Andrew Hurley

Reaction score
Website
purepoolheating.com.au
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline
I’ve ordered 2 console covers (the padded CalaisV/SSV) from OPG about 12 months ago - no problems with their service. I’m curious to know what price differences you’re seeing on the black out parts though.

Screenshot_20190113-183824_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190113-162147_Samsung Internet.jpg

First pic is from OPG and second pic is from JHP. JHP have all the parts I want where as OPG dont but it is also much higher postage costs to send to WA. For that order JHP automated online postage quote was around $250. I'm waiting on a reply from them on Monday.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
View attachment 203092 View attachment 203093

First pic is from OPG and second pic is from JHP. JHP have all the parts I want where as OPG dont but it is also much higher postage costs to send to WA. For that order JHP automated online postage quote was around $250. I'm waiting on a reply from them on Monday.
Wow, they really sting you for the postage eh? Still if I was you get what you can from OPG. Surely the postage on the remainder won’t be that high? I wasn’t thinking about the window mould kit when you said blackout...looks like OPG want postage on that part but not the other parts?...anyway if you do it this way it’s not a huge price to pay for the look you want.

So your VF2 Redline has chrome? Was it just the 2017 run they changed to black? ....what colour paintwork is yours?