Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sub wire up...

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Ok so you took the speaker wires from the rear speakers and connected those to the new amp? Does that mean your original amp does nothing now? And then connected the new amp to the sub? And powered the amp to the battery (as in boot already). Do you have any photos?
No the original amp still runs the car speakers. There are three plugs in the amp. I worked out which wires are for speakers and power. Easy to do. I didn't take any photos.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
No the original amp still runs the car speakers. There are three plugs in the amp. I worked out which wires are for speakers and power. Easy to do. I didn't take any photos.
Ok cool.
Mine is a SSV not Redline. Is there a difference with amp between the Bose and non Bose? I saw somewhere that the Bose amp runs all speakers and the SSV runs rear sub speakers only?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes you are correct. Only runs rear subs. Redline does all speakers like Calais v.

HighViz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS Redline
Hey everyone, have to reignite this because from what i've read, you guys seem to know what your doing!

I have a my14 ssv redline that the previous owner replaced all the speakers with aline splits and 6inch's i think they are
plus a 12 inch alpine sub with a phoenix gold 5 channel amp to run it all.
Everytime i put my lights on or use my brakes, i get a pretty loud humming noise coming through the speakers,
i also get the alternator wind!
It has a pac lp7-4 l.o.c pro 4 channel crossover unit in it to run the amp and sub since there is no rca outlets!
I found a wiring diagram of the 3 plugs from the original bose amp and it looks like the shop that installed the crossover,
used all the correct wires, but from what i keep reading people are only splicing into the rear speakers and subs, mine is spliced into
fronts and rear speakers, i couldn't even find the symbols for the subs on the diagram!
I have been trying EVERYTHING i possibly can to get rid of it with no luck......if anyone knows what my problem is and how to fix it
could you please let me know asap, i am getting to the point that i'm ready to sell the car...or burn it!

DaveS777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
Hi everyone,

Thinking of installing a Kicker Front Row to improved OEM sound. Any thoughts?

Also, as this front row has 6 channel in/out I need to find the speaker wires to put into and out of this unit. I can't seem to identify the wires at the head unit for the subs. (specifically wires to the Sub amp) Thought they would come out of the headunit.

https://www.kicker.com/front-row-6-channel-signal-processor

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi everyone,

Thinking of installing a Kicker Front Row to improved OEM sound. Any thoughts?

Also, as this front row has 6 channel in/out I need to find the speaker wires to put into and out of this unit. I can't seem to identify the wires at the head unit for the subs. (specifically wires to the Sub amp) Thought they would come out of the headunit.

https://www.kicker.com/front-row-6-channel-signal-processor

Sub sound is just linked in to the rear speakers at the rear of the car.

DaveS777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
Sub sound is just linked in to the rear speakers at the rear of the car.

Thanks Anthony,

Thant makes much more sense.
Is there a wiring diagram out there for this?
So that 6 channel Kicke front Row is not so good for my application?

Another enhancement I was looking at was the Kicker 'Key'
https://www.kicker.com/key-smart-amplifier
A DSP that is sort of booster EQ thing.
It has a self tuning function. Just nneding an idiots solution for getting an extra bit of grunt out of my 2014 SSV

Audio Questions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv series 2 2016 non Bose
No Adjustments on the amp. I added a new amp and 12 inch boxed subwoofer. Kept the original amps and speakers too. Sounds much better.

how did you do this, I have an active sub I’m trying too fit too a (VF Ssv 2016 non Bose factory sound system) and I can’t find any help anywhere on here, it has the factory amp for the two parcel shelf subwoofers which only has two plug connectors on it unlike the redlines which have three. Any help would be appreciated

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
You would have speaker line inputs in one of those plugs and also a 12 voly trigger. Run the amp power straight to the battery. The first time I did this I didn't have a wiring diagram and just used a speaker and multi-meter