Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sub wire up...

Audio Questions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv series 2 2016 non Bose
You would have speaker line inputs in one of those plugs and also a 12 voly trigger. Run the amp power straight to the battery. The first time I did this I didn't have a wiring diagram and just used a speaker and multi-meter
You would have speaker line inputs in one of those plugs and also a 12 voly trigger. Run the amp power straight to the battery. The first time I did this I didn't have a wiring diagram and just used a speaker and multi-meter
I’m kinda knew to this stuff . I’m trying to wire in a powered fusion subwoofer, I’m just trying to understand what you meant in the previous message mate. I’ve hooked up the power an neg from the battery an the rem too the existing stock amp. All I’ve got left is too get my inputs for my sub, would I be better off running a outline converter off the stock input wires going in too the factory amp? Or is there a way I can go without it? Sorry to bug you mate just trying to get my head around this haha.

Did you use a outline converter in the install? Or do I not need one. The attached photo is the same wire colours I have on mine

Attachments

• 754AC19B-7673-4E55-9701-9E3638C9F023.png
    754AC19B-7673-4E55-9701-9E3638C9F023.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 316

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
You
I’m kinda knew to this stuff . I’m trying to wire in a powered fusion subwoofer, I’m just trying to understand what you meant in the previous message mate. I’ve hooked up the power an neg from the battery an the rem too the existing stock amp. All I’ve got left is too get my inputs for my sub, would I be better off running a outline converter off the stock input wires going in too the factory amp? Or is there a way I can go without it? Sorry to bug you mate just trying to get my head around this haha.
You will have to use a line converter. My amp I didn't but I have one on it and it still works. It was like that in my first VF and worked the same.

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
Thinking about upgrading my vfs2 amp and subs to a single 10 or 12 inch subwoofer in the boot.

If I splice into the Speaker wires before the OEM amp. The signal is already at low level.

I will need to convert my speaker wires over to RCA so I can connect to the new amp.

Will this work? Add RCA connectors to my OEM speaker wires and then to my new amp RCA inputs?

Or

Just take the signal after the OEM amp and add a line out converter from high to low level RCA and then to the new amp RCA inputs.

Also does anyone have the OEM amp wiring colour code diagram

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thinking about upgrading my vfs2 amp and subs to a single 10 or 12 inch subwoofer in the boot.

If I splice into the Speaker wires before the OEM amp. The signal is already at low level.

I will need to convert my speaker wires over to RCA so I can connect to the new amp.

Will this work? Add RCA connectors to my OEM speaker wires and then to my new amp RCA inputs?

Or

Just take the signal after the OEM amp and add a line out converter from high to low level RCA and then to the new amp RCA inputs.

Also does anyone have the OEM amp wiring colour code diagram

if you have a factory amp in the boot you can remove it and wire in an aftermarket amp and it will have all of the wires/connections needed.
the best way is to dump the parcel shelf speakers because they rattle like a ls3 on a cold morning and put something like a 12 inch boxed sub in the boot.
i dont have a diagram handy but i have wired in amps into the factory amp harness and if you find the right size amp it will even bolt into the plastic mount for the factory amp.

you could keep the factory amp and splice in the second amp like you mentioned too but do it on the input not the output.

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
That will work fine, the dx 125 amp has hi and low inputs and will drive 2x 12 inch subs.
Can I remove the original amp and then use the voltage wiring instead off running a new power cable from the battery?

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Can I remove the original amp and then use the voltage wiring instead off running a new power cable from the battery?

if you use that dx125 amp you can, i had the same amp driving 2x 12inch subs on the factory amp wiring without issue.
you can also just run a fused cable directly from the positive battery and just bolt the negative to the body next to the amp if you plan to go with a bigger amp.

Last edited:

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
Bose Amplifier Connector Details

Found this info from the link below. Pin #8 on X3 is what you'd tap for the "remote turn-on" trigger lead on your amplifier. Pins [12,4] and [13,5] (which is LeftRear +&- and RightRear +&-, respectively) would give you the cleanest signal for your amp straight from the head unit.
I've ordered in a KICKER 10" SUBWOOFER AMP & WIRING KIT from Autobarn $429

https://www.ssforums.com/threads/bose-amplifier-connector-details.130785/
1595406466517.png

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
if you use that dx125 amp you can, i had the same amp driving 2x 12inch subs on the factory amp wiring without issue.
you can also just run a fused cable directly from the positive battery and just bolt the negative to the body next to the amp if you plan to go with a bigger amp.

Maybe I missed something - but if the dx125 is driving those subs, what is driving the door speakers?