Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf sv6 kings suspension

Lost voud

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 storm wagon
Hey guys, could anyone show me a photo or let me know the ride height in a vf sv6 wagon on standard height king springs?

I’ve just purchased the car and previous owner has put in raised pedders suspension and I’m looking at going back to stock.

Springs I bought are khfl151 and khfl152.

Any info would be great!
Thanks!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hey guys, could anyone show me a photo or let me know the ride height in a vf sv6 wagon on standard height king springs?

I’ve just purchased the car and previous owner has put in raised pedders suspension and I’m looking at going back to stock.

Springs I bought are khfl151 and khfl152.

Any info would be great!
Thanks!
Wrong springs for an SV6 wagon, you've bought lows for a V8 sedan. You need KHRL152HD lowers the rear 25mm from stock FE2 and KHFL151SL in the front of a V6 to match the ride heights. Here's mine with the correct spring combination.

20230605_155906.jpg

Lost voud

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 storm wagon
Wrong springs for an SV6 wagon, you've bought lows for a V8 sedan. You need KHRL152HD lowers the rear 25mm from stock FE2 and KHFL151SL in the front of a V6 to match the ride heights. Here's mine with the correct spring combination.

View attachment 254476
Life saver!
Just spoke with kings, and they said the same thing going to get a refund and order the correct ones now.

Have been told to order khrl152 (they said I don’t need the hd as I don’t have contant loads) and khfl151 for the front,

they didn’t mention the khfl151sl though. Is it very noticeable height difference?

Thanks again!

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Life saver!
Just spoke with kings, and they said the same thing going to get a refund and order the correct ones now.

Have been told to order khrl152 (they said I don’t need the hd as I don’t have contant loads) and khfl151 for the front,

they didn’t mention the khfl151sl though. Is it very noticeable height difference?

Thanks again!
Get the HD. You will not regret it. I have it on my wagon and I still struggle when fully loaded (4-5 people), can't imagine how bad it would be without HD

Lost voud

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 storm wagon
Get the HD. You will not regret it. I have it on my wagon and I still struggle when fully loaded (4-5 people), can't imagine how bad it would be without HD
I think I’ll go the hd’s what have you got in the front of your wagon?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Life saver!

Thanks again!
You spoke with an idiot at King Springs!

Wagons must have HD's in the rear to compensate for the weight compared with a sedan. Non-HD rear springs are too soft for wagon weight and way too low if you fit them. The V6 engine is lighter than the V8 engine and must have a front spring a step lower than you'd fit in a V8.

The picture of my SV6 wagon has KHRL152HD in the rear and KHFL151SL in the front and the ride heights are 25mm lower than stock. Ride height from the centre of the wheel (hub) and top of the guard is rear 380mm and front 377mm. If you don't run SL's in the front, it'll be 390mm, 10mm higher than the rear.

Here's the difference between stock FE2 ride height and lowered 25mm on King springs.

20230523_154954.jpg

20230605_155906.jpg

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
King list HD's for wagons in their catalogue anyway!

Lost voud

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 storm wagon
You spoke with an idiot at King Springs!

Wagons must have HD's in the rear to compensate for the weight compared with a sedan. Non-HD rear springs are too soft for wagon weight and way too low if you fit them. The V6 engine is lighter than the V8 engine and must have a front spring a step lower than you'd fit in a V8.

The picture of my SV6 wagon has KHRL152HD in the rear and KHFL151SL in the front and the ride heights are 25mm lower than stock. Ride height from the centre of the wheel (hub) and top of the guard is rear 380mm and front 377mm. If you don't run SL's in the front, it'll be 390mm, 10mm higher than the rear.

Here's the difference between stock FE2 ride height and lowered 25mm on King springs.

View attachment 254477
View attachment 254478
You’ve helped heaps! I’ll go grab the exact same set up as you.

Looks a lot better!