Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf sv6 kings suspension

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I’m just going to get the hd and do the same set up as revnev
It's a good practical height for a daily driver and takes the SUV look away. It doesn't necessary look lowered but looks normal where it should've been stock instead of stupidly high and works well with the stock FE2 shocks.

You'll need to wheel align the car too and I'm using FE3 or Redline specs front; -0.5 degrees camber and 1mm toe in. Rear; -0.7 degrees camber and 2mm toe in for good handling and even tyre wear. I've also played around with rear sway bars to neutralise understeer with a bit better turn in and the HSV wagon 14mm rear sway bar I found is best from the stock 12mm sway bar.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’m just going to get the hd and do the same set up as revnev

Smart man that RevNev.

Write it down and tell your friends, "Always Go HD In The Rear Of A Wagon".

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Write it down, "Always Go HD In The Rear Of A Wagon".
A mate of mine asked me what springs I had in my Ute and told him SSL's all round. A couple of days later, he sent me a picture of a Redline wagon that looked about 2" lower in the rear than the front and thought I'd given him the wrong part number. He didn't tell me he was lowering a wagon and found the catalogue specifies HD's in the rear for all lowered wagon applications.

V8's tend to sit low on the RHS for some reason even swapping springs and strut tops from left to right doesn't fix it. I made up a 6mm aluminum shim for my Ute and put it under the RHR spring to level it up. The V6's I've done have all sat pretty level side to side.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A mate of mine asked me what springs I had in my Ute and told him SSL's all round. A couple of days later, he sent me a picture of a Redline wagon that looked about 2" lower in the rear than the front and thought I'd given him the wrong part number. He didn't tell me he was lowering a wagon and found the catalogue specifies HD's in the rear for all lowered wagon applications.

V8's tend to sit low on the RHS for some reason even swapping springs and strut tops from left to right doesn't fix it. I made up a 6mm aluminum shim for my Ute and put it under the RHR spring to level it up. The V6's I've done have all sat pretty level side to side.
570Nm does that...