Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Remote working but removing battery for 24hrs remote is now not operating.

hitchingbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 sedan
Car does not recognise the remote. the auto unlock does not work, but more importantly the car does not recognise the remote. I 'spoke to a guy' who mentioned that a dealer had to sequence it to the car.
Hard to do that now.
Please need to fix it so I can sell this beautiful car.
Thanks in advance

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
you could try disconnecting the battery again for about 5 min , press the brake pedal to dissipate any residual power and reconnect

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Can you start the car using your key? I assume you don't have a push button start.

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Car does not recognise the remote. the auto unlock does not work, but more importantly the car does not recognise the remote. I 'spoke to a guy' who mentioned that a dealer had to sequence it to the car.
Hard to do that now.
Thanks in advance
Good morning.
Is it just possible that you might have put the new battery upside down?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hard to do that now.
Thanks in advance
Hi, my bad, i misunderstood your issue, disconnecting the car battery could still help but also be sure your replacement battery is good as ive used new battery's that have been flat out of the packet

hitchingbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 sedan
Can you start the car using your key? I assume you don't have a push button start.
It has A push button start, BUT before, the key could be anywhere in the car. Now it has to be in a little recessed section in the front of the glovebox. also have to use the key manually to open the door

hitchingbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 sedan
More than likely it's something that he's done removing or replacing the battery.
This all happened when I disconnected the battery for a week. It say that it does not recognise the key module and have to use the key manually only. It was after that I changed the battery with no change. It's very frustrating. I went to an old 'mechanic from an ex Holden dealer'. He said that I had to rebind the key with the car, but would get a 'number' from a dealership (which is hard now).

hitchingbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 sedan
you could try disconnecting the battery again for about 5 min , press the brake pedal to dissipate any residual power and reconnect
that is how it started in the first place, see post below. Thanks for the response though