Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 throttle controller

Gozzybogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Just wondering if anyone has fitted a throttle controller to their VF SV6 and if there is a noticeable difference.
After the make and model of the throttle controller also please.
Thanks in advance.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Haven’t fitted one to my VF but definitely can say in general they make a difference. I gave my old man an idrive for his Colorado and told him don't use ultimate-9 on grass unless he wants mud. Sure enough random portable traffic light in the Victorian High country meant that dirt track had a new rut. About ultimate 4 is enough for his Colorado to take off and leave my Commodore in a shower of sh*t.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They work by opening the throttle more for the same amount of accelerator movement, they don’t give better performance. BUT, IMHO it’s more important that your car feels good to you, then beating someone in the traffic-light drag … thought it was worth mentioning that it’s more about the feels than the numbers, so you know what you’re getting into. :)

Gozzybogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
They work by opening the throttle more for the same amount of accelerator movement, they don’t give better performance. BUT, IMHO it’s more important that your car feels good to you, then beating someone in the traffic-light drag … thought it was worth mentioning that it’s more about the feels than the numbers, so you know what you’re getting into. :)
Yeah my cuz has one in his Ranger and there is a big difference between the modes

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
No differance other than the throttle response, doesnt make them any quicker

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Just wondering if anyone has fitted a throttle controller to their VF SV6 and if there is a noticeable difference.
After the make and model of the throttle controller also please.
Thanks in advance.
i use them on my colorado and my v6 zb and they just provide better throttle response and yes it is noticeable.

only add one if you want better response from the pedal.
if you are looking for more power then no a throttle controller will not add power.

the one for the commodore i use is the idrive evc525

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I just wear heavy boots and press the throttle pedal more if I want more mambo. And as I already have the boots, it’s cheaper than a controller :p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I just wear heavy boots and press the throttle pedal more if I want more mambo. And as I already have the boots, it’s cheaper than a controller :p
Might make a V6 feel a little 'peppier', but you'll have a much better chance of losing your license whilst finding out...:cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Might make a V6 feel a little 'peppier', but you'll have a much better chance of losing your license whilst finding out...:cool:
Ditto for throttle controllers :p:p:p

Last edited:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Previously had the RevHigh one on my MY16 SV6.

At times it was fun to have a more snappy throttle, otherwise I just left it in auto learn mode

Then I started getting repeated CEL’s, which would throw the car into limp mode until it was reset. It would happen when the right rear wheel would go over rough road. Code said it was ABS related, but once I removed the controller it never returned