Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 throttle controller

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I just wear heavy boots and press the throttle pedal more if I want more mambo. And as I already have the boots, it’s cheaper than a controller :p

I hear what you are saying.

I slip my thongs off when I want to get into it, I love the feeling as my bare feet become one with the pedals.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I hear what you are saying.

I slip my thongs off when I want to get into it, I love the feeling as my bare feet become one with the pedals.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i usually wear skate style shoes, had to drive the gts to work once when i got new work boots and i couldnt feel the clutch was like i was relearning the feel all over again PITA, might have to get some of those racing shoes to slip on

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
i usually wear skate style shoes, had to drive the gts to work once when i got new work boots and i couldnt feel the clutch was like i was relearning the feel all over again PITA, might have to get some of those racing shoes to slip on
Luv my Steel Blues, lightweight boot for a heavy right foot!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i usually wear skate style shoes
Impressed you can drive in those at all, TBH!

images

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I did a couple of laps in a race car at Mallala on a practice day a few years ago to watch the lambda meter off the corners and I'm thinking, what's wrong with the brakes on this thing, they're dreadful!
I then realised wearing work boots, the accelerator was catching on the edge of the steel cap section of my boot, and I was pressing both the brake and the accelerator pedal, but I couldn't actually feel it. The next session after playing with the tune a bit, I just wore my socks and that was much better!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I did a couple of laps in a race car at Mallala on a practice day a few years ago to watch the lambda meter off the corners and I'm thinking, what's wrong with the brakes on this thing, they're dreadful!
I then realised wearing work boots, the accelerator was catching on the edge of the steel cap section of my boot, and I was pressing both the brake and the accelerator pedal, but I couldn't actually feel it. The next session after playing with the tune a bit, I just wore my socks and that was much better!
i seem to notice something odd when driving and then i check my tires and yep they are down a couple psi, yet i cant feel the clutch/accel with a 1cm thick sole boot

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
i seem to notice something odd when driving and then i check my tires and yep they are down a couple psi, yet i cant feel the clutch/accel with a 1cm thick sole boot
No, work boots aren't ideal driving footwear and anything with a button clutch is difficult to feel the take up point through thick soles.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I was wearing ... I don't know what the style of shoe is, exactly, whatever the shoe version of the archetypical 80's Converse boot is, or an Adidas Rome.
I guess "fancy tennis shoes"? Flattish thin sole, leather upper - not super disimilar to a proper driving shoe.
Anyhoo I'd been wearing that style of shoe for decades, and driving in 'em too of course, until my knee decided it was going to have arseplosion about 10-ish years ago & I found that to walk a few km's at a time I needed to wear properly padded/cushioned running shoes to avoid knee pain.
I associate running shoes with people who get involved in those sorts of activities (not that there's anything wrong with that), so would only wear the joggers for commuting to work; not when driving somewhere, as usually if driving somewhere I'd get out & someone would see what I was wearing. So it was probably a few years after switching to having great big imprecise clod-hoppers that I got in the (manual) Volvo and nearly heel-toed my way into a prang by locking everything up when I pushed all pedals at once. :) :)