Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF UTE fueling issue

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
hi does anyone have issues fueling there VF ute when I go and fuel if I sqeeze the pump nozzle to much it clicks and stops I didn't have this issue with my old ute or the missus VE it just takes so long to fuel

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
The old ute and missus car I can fuel flat out

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I find if you pull the nozzle out a little bit and give a half trigger, after a few litres its ok, dunno what causes it but the missus Subaru does it also.

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
My 2011 XR6t Falcon ute used to be a bastard for this, try filling an 80L tank from empty with it clicking off every few litres. Havent had a problem with the new Redline Ute, but I have only filled the tank once.

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
I get the issue every time I fill it gives me the sh...s I will try not putting the nozzle all the way in and see if that helps

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
No problem filling my VF SSV ute, it has done 6000 km.

Jake145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute, A6 6.0
I found its because the fuel nozzle isn't flowing straight down the pipe, and is going into the side of the filler neck which cause back pressure which of corse shuts off the fuel, I found if u press it and when it clicks just move it a few degrees and keep trying till its Lined up

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Sorry to drag up a old thread but yeah my WN Caprice V suffers from this exact problem too.
Thought when i first bought the car perhaps i had visited a dodgy fuel pumping station but changing around to a few other servos and the problem is the same all the time.
Really annoying i must admit and have never experienced it on any of my other cars. The only way i get around it to know when the tank is about to fill up is to fill up when the tank is half way and roughly add around 35 Litres to avoid under/over filling.