Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Maybe they could drop the price on Mustangs by deleting the rear seats, which are unusable anyway. Even worse than the rear seats in a Ranger.
If they delete the rear seats, it’d be done on a pseudo performance model where you’ll get less gear within but you’ll pay handsomely for less :rolleyes:

Porches are the masters at such de-featuring but it tends to be accompanied with a very steep price increase for these limited edition de-featured models (which admittedly get more herbs above the improved power to weight increase from the de-feature) :oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In my experience, low km's implying newness providing the vehicle condition matches, will generally sell for the highest price. A low km vehicle used on gravel roads with red dirt and stone chips would be an exception and perhaps vehicles of unpopular colours and features.
Yeah I get that aspect of it but. I’m more inclined to buy a cheaper slightly car with more shake down kms where problems could have been discovered and resolved than some car which has sat unused in a garage and has no worthwhile warranty*

* not sure how warranty is structured on such cars that were trailered from a dealer to a private garage. I thought warranty normally starts from day of first purchase… Even is warranty did start on a 2017 delivery km car registered for the first time in 2024, is Holden warranty worth anything these days, I’d say its not worth much at all.

PS: but what do you do if you want new and what’s available at a reasonable cost these days is very uninspiring :oops:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Porches are the masters at such de-featuring but it tends to be accompanied with a very steep price increase for these limited edition de-featured models (which admittedly get more herbs above the improved power to weight increase from the de-feature) :oops:
BMW do the same

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Look if you’re really keen I’d be willing to smash you in the testicles with a steel pipe for free, it’s a lot less horrible than operating a Silverado not to mention about $160k cheaper … and the lobotomy required to operate a jet ski isn’t painless itself.

180k kms on a Commodore … mechanically it’s got a lot left in it, but aesthetically it’ll make you deaf with the rattles & the bits falling off is disheartening at best …
As inviting as a pipe to the nuggets sounds , the parking freedom license might be worth the price of admission alone

1709963696969.png

1709963720832.png

1709963742600.png

1709963853946.png

1709963875024.png

;)

As for that clubby, yeh the VE interior bits can start getting a bit squeaky and rattly as they get older but they were going for much more during covid market madness though ...tides turning for sure

*edit * Here's another one - anyone that wants a E series HSV its time to keep an eye open..

1709966516702.png

Attachments

• 1709963820762.png
    1709963820762.png
    744.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 1709963965668.png
    1709963965668.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 22

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Yep, large powerful proper cars are almost gone, short of paying German money for one about the closest thing you’ll get new is a (not sold in Oz) Chrysler based on a 1991 E-Class.
Prices of everything kinda shock me if I’m honest, in my mind a Rustang is about a $60k RRP car … but then a Golf GTI costs $60k for what I think is a $40k car, a Golf R costs $80k for what I think is a $55k car, you can pay $45k for a $30k Corolla with nary even an attempt at anything relating to performance …

I think they stopped converting Camaros to Correct Hand Drive because they wanted to use all their resources converting trucks, which are considerably more profitable.
Yeah big saloon style sedans are getting rarer for sure , especially 4 door , RWD manual v8 ones ..

Would love a Camaro but that GMSV conversion work really blew out the price of them which is a shame as they are cheapish in USA

Mustang might be the only semi affordable second hand RWD v8 on the road here in the next few years..

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Would love a Camaro but that GMSV conversion work really blew out the price of them which is a shame as they are cheapish in USA

Conversions are usually poor value for money. It kind of make sense (the poor value) as the car has to be manufactured, then taken apart, then put back together again. So, much more labour, and some of that labour is wasted as the initial assembly labour, and the labour to do the disassembly work cancel each other out, but they are added to the final price.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Caught up with a good mate whilst in the UK recently. He has a 2013 Ford Mondeo. He's looking at trading it for a 2021 Mondeo. He told me the dealers want £30,000.
Here, you can get them for between $30,000 and $38,000 depending on the model. The rate of exchange is about $2 for £1 at the moment. Faarrkk, we think we are getting ripped off!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I don’t know if it’s worth me posting but I have mine listed as I don’t really drive it. However I have no need to sell it (take it or leave it because I am just a bloke on the internet) but I knocked back 45k.
It’s not listed for much more than that but people are still out there who will pay good money for something they want and if I needed to sell I would have taken it straight away.
I have a number and not going lower because I have no need to accept lower, I am happy to keep it and drive it whenever I can but if the offer comes, however unlikely, then I’ll part ways with her.
Until then I’ll keep spending money on it because I can’t help myself. :p:p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Conversions are usually poor value for money. It kind of make sense (the poor value) as the car has to be manufactured, then taken apart, then put back together again. So, much more labour, and some of that labour is wasted as the initial assembly labour, and the labour to do the disassembly work cancel each other out, but they are added to the final price.
Typical GM... They replaced Holden's Zeta platform (easy conversion) with their Alpha platform (allegedly easy conversion).
Didn't actually work that way, after seeing the amount of 'intervention' the conversion actually involved at GMSV...
Didn't really matter, as they dumped all the RHD markets anyway...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Yet a Corvette is made in RHD at the factory and is hideously expensive here. GM doing GM things. :rolleyes: