Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Camaro is more appropriate in Australia now the Supercars are racing them. Personally, I don't like the Corvette and the Ferrari, Lambo look isn't the style of car that appeals to me at all. Ford did the best job with the Mustang catering for those who previously bought V8 Falcon's and Commodores.
… and 200SX’s. I live near a university, what in 1997 would’ve been the 200SX stereotype is now often seen in a Mustang. :)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
… and 200SX’s. I live near a university, what in 1997 would’ve been the 200SX stereotype is now often seen in a Mustang. :)
The "rice burner" boys wouldn't touch a V8 back then, and we should admire for Ford for converting them to drive a car with a "proper" engine!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The "rice burner" boys wouldn't touch a V8 back then, and we should admire for Ford for converting them to drive a car with a "proper" engine!

Ford didn't have a proper engine.... :p

1710045553993.png

Now that's an engine above.^^^^^^...:)

Shall remove myself from this discussion now

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The Camaro is more appropriate in Australia now the Supercars are racing them. Personally, I don't like the Corvette and the Ferrari, Lambo look isn't the style of car that appeals to me at all. Ford did the best job with the Mustang catering for those who previously bought V8 Falcon's and Commodores.
Too bad we never had access to the 5th gen and called it a Monaro.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ah, the one Peter brock allegdely owned...Been for sale for the past 2ish years and still no bites....
One of the worst colours Holden ever used. I'm pretty confident Brockie would never have owned a golden mustard Eco powered bus.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Funny thing is, I'm not sure what I'm more surprised at; someone wanting $1.5m for a Eco VX or the fact that someone at some point actually ordered that ugly colour car before it rolled off the line.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Ford didn't have a proper engine.... :p

View attachment 265226

Now that's an engine above.^^^^^^...:)

Shall remove myself from this discussion now
In early 1980, I did a night drag meeting open to panel vans that had to run street tyres and entered my Valiant panel van, a 265 Hemi with an E49 camshaft and valve springs, 40 thou off the head, Webers off an E48 and running on Avgas. It was 4 speed manual with a 3.23 diff on the old Bridgestone Steel Belted 60 tyres.

I was second fastest overall with 15.00 second pass and the fastest was an HQ panel van with a 350 Chev did a 14.96. In the final run, I beat the HQ who lit it up off the line by half a front guard and won the event in a 6 cylinder Valiant half a second faster than the average cammed 308!

My father was a Valiant enthusiast and had an E55 340 Charger and he got me an apprenticeship at a Chrysler/Mitsubishi dealer. As a kid, it all started with me playing around with Valiant's my father worked on at home nearly every weekend!