Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Wagon sway bars

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportwagon
Just wanted some info or experience on aftermarket whiteline sway bars. Iv'e just put pedders adjustable coilovers on my SV6 VF wagon and whilst there is certainly an improvement in the handling I feel it could still be better. I'm thinking thicker sway bars might be the solution but I am keen to hear other people thoughts or any experience with this.

Attachments

• Commie.jpg
    Commie.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 72

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
I would be more inclined to experiment with the dampening settings on your coil over first and see if that has the desired effect.

What is leading you to feel that the current system is lacking?

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
The current set up is not really lacking, I'd just like to improve it. I have read that thicker sway bars are the single biggest difference to the handling. As far as fiddling with the pre-load settings, the guys at pedders strongly advised me not to tamper with them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Whiteline sway bars are pricey. Have you looked at different models that potentially have a thicker factory sway bar but a reasonable price?

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Just wanted some info or experience on aftermarket whiteline sway bars. Iv'e just put pedders adjustable coilovers on my SV6 VF wagon and whilst there is certainly an improvement in the handling I feel it could still be better. I'm thinking thicker sway bars might be the solution but I am keen to hear other people thoughts or any experience with this.
Hi.
The other thing you could try is maybe getting a set of ssv Redline sway bars.
I don't know if they would fit though.
So , you would have to check.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Unfortunately there are a billion ifs & buts & maybes when it comes to anti-roll bars.

A car can feel firmer on the road, and corner without rolling as much, and yet not handle as well.
So you can fit a fatter swaybar, go for a trip around the block & think "hey cool handles better!", but it doesn't hold the road as well when you punt it down a windy road through a local state forest (nor as well on a race track - but that doesn't matter to most).

So what you think feels good isn't necessarily the thing that'll give you the best performance.
All depends on what your preferences are, feels good >>> goes fastest for me!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The current set up is not really lacking, I'd just like to improve it. I have read that thicker sway bars are the single biggest difference to the handling. As far as fiddling with the pre-load settings, the guys at pedders strongly advised me not to tamper with them.

So you have Pedders adjustable coilovers and Pedders suggest not to fiddle with them to suit your preference.

Sorry mate, but when you buy an adjustable item like this, it is because you should be able to adjust them to suit yourself...

Sounds like Pedders have fed you a load of crap...

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
RevNev should soon pop in with his experience on experimenting with Swaybars on his SV6 wagon he recently got.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/clocking-bushes-when-lowering-vfs.299882/

Whilst there is some derailment, there is alot of great info that im sure youll find helpful

Also as a side note, so awesome to see a Karma Blue VF! Seems a very rare colour for the VF's and it looks great, and it's one of those colours I find the chrome trim actually pops on it better than the black out trim! Any more pics?

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
RevNev should soon pop in with his experience on experimenting with Swaybars on his SV6 wagon he recently got.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/clocking-bushes-when-lowering-vfs.299882/

Whilst there is some derailment, there is alot of great info that im sure youll find helpful

Also as a side note, so awesome to see a Karma Blue VF! Seems a very rare colour for the VF's and it looks great, and it's one of those colours I find the chrome trim actually pops on it better than the black out trim! Any more pics?
Thanks for the info mate. Will certainly check that out and cheers for the compliment.