Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF1 - Tune, OTR & exhaust - More Power but LESS torque? is it possible?

Majere77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline commodore
All in all mate it seems your results are on par with what most people get for those mods. Your torque measurement is at the wheels remember, so converting that back to engine torque it will be more than factory.

Ahhhh thanks mate, that's actually very helpful and explains the torque question pretty well.

I still cant shake the felling though that it feels a bit more sluggish of the line though than it used to be, then once it slips into third it really starts to fly.

Really appreciate all the responses though.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Mine went from 365ftLb to 423, so definitely no torque loss. The difference is more noticed after around 2500rpm, so it might be you thinking that it should feel punchier down below that may make you think it's sluggish at low revs

Majere77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline commodore
Mine went from 365ftLb to 423, so definitely no torque loss. The difference is more noticed after around 2500rpm, so it might be you thinking that it should feel punchier down below that may make you think it's sluggish at low revs

Are those your figures at the wheels or converted back to the flywheel

Mine is maxing out at 352FtLb AFTER the mods, so 13 shy of where you started, and 70 behind where you ended up, unless those are your at the engine figures.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
No, that's at the back wheels. I don't know if my figures are a bit optimistic (happy dyno), though yours does sound low for after the tune.

Didn't they dyno it before the tune ?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Ahhhh thanks mate, that's actually very helpful and explains the torque question pretty well.

I still cant shake the felling though that it feels a bit more sluggish of the line though than it used to be, then once it slips into third it really starts to fly.

Really appreciate all the responses though.

I told my tuner I wanted low down torque and was less fussed about max power. He did what I wanted and the car was not sluggish at all low down. Did you tell the tuner what you wanted?