Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 bimodal fitted to vf1 redline

Witto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calsis V Sportswagon
Yep they sounds great.

This is mine. Note it has 340 headers and hi-flow catSS too. So, just the R8 midsection and VF2 rear mufflers will be quieter, both inside and out. Probably a better option if you're a bit sensitive to cabin growl ;)

I have to stop being slack and get them installed

20170422_160219.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks alot for the info. The hsv center section and the bimodal mufflers sound like a good option. Will start keeping an eye out for them. I assume the hsv mid section will bolt straight up to my cats ?
Too easy. Yes, it will bolt straight up.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you get the bimodal working too?
Is there any drone when AFM kicks in Cuda?
No, I haven't gotten around to the bi-modal setup. Apparently it's easy enough though. I'll do it one day soon.

No drone with AFM Cashie. A fair amount of exhaust note inside the cabin when accelerating though. Even lightly. Personally I love it, and I've never had a complaint from a passenger. Just good old school V8 noise! AFM cut in isn't an issue. Mine is probably too loud for most. Far louder than VF2 with bi-modal open. But, quiet at cruise, AFM or not. It would be quieter without the hiflow cats, as that's the only non Holden / HSV addition.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have to stop being slack and get them installed

View attachment 194760
Yep. Do it.
They look like the 317/325kw headers to me. Better for bottom end torque than the 340's apparently. Those, 200cpi cats and a good tune will liven it right up!

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
No, I haven't gotten around to the bi-modal setup. Apparently it's easy enough though. I'll do it one day soon.

No drone with AFM Cashie. A fair amount of exhaust note inside the cabin when accelerating though. Even lightly. Personally I love it, and I've never had a complaint from a passenger. Just good old school V8 noise! AFM cut in isn't an issue. Mine is probably too loud for most. Far louder than VF2 with bi-modal open. But, quiet at cruise, AFM or not. It would be quieter without the hiflow cats, as that's the only non Holden / HSV addition.
Cool, thanks, I might grab a set of the rear mufflers and see how they go.
Do they default open or closed? (Ie are yours permanently open?)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool, thanks, I might grab a set of the rear mufflers and see how they go.
Do they default open or closed? (Ie are yours permanently open?)
Yes mine are always open.:D
I suspect they default open.
Listen to the Calais on YouTube after my vid. It sounds sweet!

Witto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calsis V Sportswagon
Yep. Do it.
They look like the 317/325kw headers to me. Better for bottom end torque than the 340's apparently. Those, 200cpi cats and a good tune will liven it right up!

Good eye on the Headers.....I've got 100cpi cats to go on, it will be interesting to see how it goes compared to ones that have full aftermarket systems. Better invest in an LSD!!!!!

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Hi guys,

Purchased a vf1 redline a couple of months ago and absolutely love the car. Only issue is how bloody quiet it is. The series 2 sounds a hell of a lot better. Was thinking about getting a set of vf2 bimodal mufflers and running them with the valve open all the time. I am sure this mod has been done many times before. My car is an auto with afm. Question is

Is it direct bolt up?
will there be drone issues?

Thanks in advance

Just do mufflers first and see if you like it, once removed from VF2they revert to fully open.
Just make sure you get the correct mufflers from a VF2 in flange or the ball type joint, I sold my flange style off my ss for $175 to a series 1 SSV owner

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just do mufflers first and see if you like it, once removed from VF2they revert to fully open.
Just make sure you get the correct mufflers from a VF2 in flange or the ball type joint, I sold my flange style off my ss for $175 to a series 1 SSV owner
Goid idea re darting with mufflers.
The VF1 Calais will be flange. Only the Redline had the clamp joint.

angelo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfssv redline S1
Yeah I have the ball clamp type which limits options a bit but there are still a few out there. I saw on eBay the hsv mid sections for 150 bucks with delivery km only. Bloody cheap and hard to pass up. Looking at them I will just need to get the o2 sensor bungs welded in.