Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf2 redline auto not activating performance shift mode??

Chew78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
VF2 redline only has 1200kms on the clock and for some reason in sports shift will not activate performance shift mode.
has done it before but for some reason it now will not activate, has anyone else had any issues?

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I've done 26000km on my s2 redline wagon since nov last year, and the other day was the first time performance mode has kicked in. Gotta be a set of parameters met before it does and normally I use the paddle shift anyway so probably never really given it a chance to kick in.

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
are you looking for a message to appear on the small taco display?

I vaguely remember seeing one there when I had it in sports mode after braking hard then immediately accelerating hard out of a corner.

Chew78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
are you looking for a message to appear on the small taco display?

I vaguely remember seeing one there when I had it in sports mode after braking hard then immediately accelerating hard out of a corner.

yeh that’s what I mean, it comes on sporadically but not on demand so I was just worried that something was not right but sounds like it is normal to come on short bursts as you have described

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
Mine has 500k on the clock and it hit performance shift mode quite easily. I was edgy with the throttle but far from flooring it. No more than 3rd throttle applied. I was in some twisty bits and probably it picked up on braking into corners and getting on the throttle after the apex. Worked quite well. I only discovered performance shift mode in the book after experiencing it on the street.

70chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline - Red Hot
Sorry to be a knob guys but what is Performance Shift Mode and what does it do?

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
When you flick your Auto over to the left it activates sport mode. With mine a few sharp WOT bursts get performance mode engaged with message on screen. Holds gears out really well

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just manually shift the damn autobox and live a little!

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
yeh i get it when driving on the great ocean road, it senses spirited driving (about 3/4 throttle) then its holds the revs up (doesnt go below ~3.5k revs), it down shifts into corners so the power is always 'on tap'