Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf2 redline auto not activating performance shift mode??

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
I was out a few nights ago on some twisting roads, driving the way these things are built to be driven. I used paddle shift for half of my run and Sport shift for the other half. In Sportshift I found myself in powershift most of the time. It was only really on straights where I eased off for fear of tripling the speed limit that it dropped out of power shift mode.
I hate automatics (mine is the sportwagon so I had no choice). But I'm really impressed by the shift parameters on this slushbox. If you want to concentrate on improved lines, braking points etc, the auto does a great job of shifting when you want it without you touching it. Paddles are great too but the delay in up and especially downshifts dampens the fun a little.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I've found the paddles to be quite fast. Perhaps it's because mine are 'fitted' aftermarket but it clobbers the stick in shift speed.

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
To be fair it isn't a huge delay but it's not instant. It's enough though that it's distracting. You know something just works when you don't notice it.
The manual shift is better than the VW implementation. I like that you can bounce off the rev limiter or even take off in 3rd gear (!?!).

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Yeah it's hard to get into the habit of shifting 1-2 seconds earlier to allow for the delay.
I heard these boxes can be 'tuned' to shift faster?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Active shift is a condition within Sports mode and it automatically activates under certain conditions. I've found usually under hard breaking in S mode but its intermittent. Just because you select S mode doesn't necessarily mean Active Shift activates. It seems a bit like the more you try to entice the ECU to kick it in it doesn't and seems to come on occasionally when you wouldn't expect it. It's a bit hit n miss

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Driving our Redline through some curvy mountain roads, Performance Mode seems to activate after some throttle, when braking for a corner, I notice the trans changing down and being in the "right" gear for accelerating out. I to am wondering what parameters are required to reliably activate it, as this particular section of road never fails, but I can't seem to get it in straight line work. I am pretty sure it needs throttle brake and steering all in close proximity.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Some hard throttle combined with braking / cornering always activated mine or w.o.t from low speed to above 90kmhr.
Just performed a remote oztrack tune and it now activates much more readily compared with the oem parameters

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Some hard throttle combined with braking / cornering always activated mine or w.o.t from low speed to above 90kmhr.
Just performed a remote oztrack tune and it now activates much more readily compared with the oem parameters
Interesting...