Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SS Redline new upgrades for The Hulk!

TheHulkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Spitfire Green
Hello there fello car nutbags,

Just wanted to say this forum has been extremely informative and has some great info and advice. I recently have been reading through loads of posts and decided on my upgrades and wanted to let others know how I went about it.

I'm booked in to JDR Motorsports Picton to get work done and will take the time to say these blokes are awesome to work with! It is a Walkinshaw outlet but Luke and John there are so professional and helpful taking the time to find out WHAT I WANT and not what they can sell me. Highly recommended.

So I'm getting the following:

1. Full 3" Di Filippo, 1 3/4" headers ceramic coated
2. VCM OTR
3. MAF tune
4. H&R coilovers

Needless to say I cant wait to hear what The Hulk sounds like, power gains and how good he handles and sits on the ground afterwards. I think it'll be like driving a whole new car.

By going down the track of getting direct from DPE and VCM I've saved about $1100 instead of getting the W375 package. The warranty and badges did not concern me. I also could have got the Walkinshaw springs with Bilstein shocks but again the guys at JDR not once pushed for me to get Walkinshaw products.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Awesome work, good to hear the various discussions have helped another person make an informed decision. I have the same bits (minus coilovers as I have MRC on my MSE) and can tell you you'll love the end result.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Nice! I had the W375 kit from new, from the dealer. I just put in a WSM cam, two-thirds the price of the W407 upgrade.

The cars sound so much better, you’ll be happy!

TheHulkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice! I had the W375 kit from new, from the dealer. I just put in a WSM cam, two-thirds the price of the W407 upgrade.

Nice work mate, I tell ya it does pay to do the research and we all can save a bomb of cash! ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Series 2 SSV Redline W375 2016 FGX XR6 T

Hi Tryg
I too have a W375 from new as well and was wondering why you chose to change and what identifiable improvements you noticed?

Cheers

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
746998F3-56ED-439B-ADC9-05F599578DD9.jpeg
Hi Tryg
I too have a W375 from new as well and was wondering why you chose to change and what identifiable improvements you noticed?

Cheers
Hi, I wanted that good old-fashioned pant you get from a cammed car. Also, there’s so many W375 cars around Toowoomba, I wanted to step up one rung. I’m 47 years old and my first V8 had a stroker 383 (412c.i.) and that lumpiness was nice.

The bigger brakes, different wheels and lumpy cam are all I’ve done, on top of the W375.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
id look into a workshop that uses the same brands as walkinshaw (difilippo/vcm) and provided the workshop is a reputable tuner you will save yourself up to $2k, c & a autofashion, dpm and autotechnique in melbourne all do the same as a walkinshaw kit for around $5000 (w375 is $6990)

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
1. Full 3" Di Filippo, 1 3/4" headers ceramic coated
2. VCM OTR
3. MAF tune
4. H&R coilovers

Let us know how it goes. I had a catback di Filippo (Walky 2.5") and pulled it out today, back to stock. After driving out of the shop I was just laughing all the way home. The stock one just has so much character and is just plain fun, sure its a bit farty compared to the dpe which is ballsy and deep but just doesn't have any character for me. That's just me. BTW the stock actually seems louder than the dpe too (walky 2.5"... obviously 3" would be louder) at least from inside the cabin (windows down). I do have an FDFI2300 up front so YMMV.

I also have H&R coilovers.. not cheap but they do the job. Excellent ride compared to the floaty stock suspension (in my case FE2 SS). I feel that there is still quite a bit of body roll though, I wouldn't mind stronger sways. Let us know what you think of yours.

TheHulkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Phantom,

Yeah Im really happy with it! The 3" sounds nice and deep, probably helps having the OTR and the headers. I had heard the 2.5" before and agree with you that it just didnt sound the goods. The coilovers are great, it's actually a bit TOO low now so getting it raised a few mm next week after it settles. I havent found there is much body roll but I havent had the chance to really drive it through some twisties yet. It's not bumpy at all and handles awesome and I do agree with you again that harder sway bars would help. Once this rain clears looking forward to giving the Hulk a bath and then taking some photos!

Also the power now is fantastic. After the tune from JDR it's pumping out a tad over 300kw at the wheels which is about 402HP which is more than a W375 kit...gotta be happy with that!! ;)

Last edited:

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Sweet!! Glad it all worked out! The body roll I mentioned is only in comparison to other cars I had which are borderline track cars so take that with a grain of salt.

What mm ride height did you go to? I went very conservative at about 380mm, just enough to remove the 4x4 look with 20s but doesn’t look obviously lowered, and no scraping anywhere.

I’m still looking for a cat back exhaust but next time will try before I buy!