Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Here's the entry level replacement for a Redline wagon, a BMW X3 M40i today are 140k. It's the cheapest wagon body vehicle with a longitudinal petrol engine (3 litre 6 cylinder turbo) and performance dynamics to match the VF LS3.

View attachment 266355
Yes at $140k certainly not an option for me and so irreplaceable in my world...and that has to be one of the most truncated ‘wagons’ I’ve seen. I‘d challenge it to carry the load I’ve jammed into the SS, which is just another reason why the SS is irreplaceable.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Yes at $140k certainly not an option for me and so irreplaceable in my world...and that has to be one of the most truncated ‘wagons’ I’ve seen. I‘d challenge it to carry the load I’ve jammed into the SS, which is just another reason why the SS is irreplaceable.
The point of my post is simply you're correct, there's no comparable replacement for a VF wagon other than high priced Euro SUV's. It's the reason by choice that I bought a VF2 wagon albeit an SV6 April '23 for a daily driver. I can tell you in relation to load space, the BMW X3 my wife bought in 2018 to replace her VE Redline wagon, can fit way more inside than a crew cab ute!

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The point of my post is simply you're correct, there's no comparable replacement for a VF wagon other than high priced Euro SUV's. It's the reason by choice that I bought a VF2 wagon albeit an SV6 April '23 for a daily driver. I can tell you in relation to load space, the BMW X3 my wife bought in 2018 to replace her VE Redline wagon, can fit way more inside than a crew cab ute!
So can a corolla lol

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
there's no comparable replacement for a VF wagon other than high priced Euro SUV's.

There is this....

vaWDF5n.jpeg

.....for a lazy $180k.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well yes I’d believe the crew cab ute comparo after seeing what my wife can fit in her handbag…the mind boggles.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So can a corolla lol
A couple of weeks ago, I had to laugh at the crew cab utes rolling into Bunnings with trailers to collect half the gear I can fit in my VF wagon! With the passenger's seat forward, I can fit longer items in the wagon than I can fit in the Redline ute.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
A couple of weeks ago, I had to laugh at the crew cab utes rolling into Bunnings with trailers to collect half the gear I can fit in my VF wagon! With the passenger's seat forward, I can fit longer items in the wagon than I can fit in the Redline ute.
Yes, I’ve brought 4m lengths of conduit home from Bunnings in the wagon…just not possible in my SV6 ute (granted, the ute has a hard lid which limits both height and length when compared to the wagon).

sorry OP for derailing your thread…