Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
We need to buy the Mrs a new car after her cars engine expired for good, looking at a new CX30 thanks to proceeds of the VF2 redline sale then mine will be garaged and covered and become a “dry Sunday arvo” drive car when i want listen to some rumble !!
My wife had V8 Commodores for 32 years starting with a VK ex-cop car in 1986 and her last was a VE Redline wagon. When deciding on an SUV in 2018, she struggled with the poor acceleration and mostly the handling of the rice burner variants, felt top heavy and about to tip over if pushed too hard into a corner compared with her old VE.

I thought it was a testament to the mighty Holden when she drove the BMW X3 M40i and said, "this is it, feels the most like the Redline wagon, it goes, stops and handles, without the top heaviness" of the other SUV's she road tested! That was nearly 6 years ago and I don't know what improvements have been made to the rice burner variants since and they may be a lot better today.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
SUV's ... that was nearly 6 years ago and I don't know what improvements have been made to the rice burner variants since and they may be a lot better today.
No they're still like driving a Hilux around.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Great to hear so many people have held onto them!

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Red Motorsport Edition, August 2017 build, 5000km and still under the new car warranty. It shares weekend duties with my Porsche and the Tesla clocks up the kilometres for everything in between.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There is this....

vaWDF5n.jpeg

.....for a lazy $180k.

As a Bimmer guy I post this with love. The Germans have lost the plot

FB_IMG_1690175582545.jpg

I'm starting to wish I bought a VF2 SS. Carsales suggests I can remedy this situation

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
2016 VF2 Reline Ute used as my daily with around 25k on the clock.
How is that even possible?!
We bought ours mid 2015 and we're only up to ~45k kms, and that's with my wife's work being a 45min walk away ... !!