Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
How is that even possible?!
We bought ours mid 2015 and we're only up to ~45k kms, and that's with my wife's work being a 45min walk away ... !!

I'm a homebody, I'm retired, I live 5 minutes from the shops and 25 minutes from everything industrial and the big retail outlets, I usually fly when I holiday and rent a car when I arrive, it gets taken on one or two trips a year that may add a couple of thousand K's and it's not my only car but it is my daily, it's the one I like to drive to the shops as it boost my ego when people take a photo of it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, so your "daily" is like our "daily", where "daily" means it gets used about once a week on average. :)
[ours won't know what hit it, my wife's using it today, tomorrow & Wednesday this week!!!]

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Ah, so your "daily" is like our "daily", where "daily" means it gets used about once a week on average. :)
[ours won't know what hit it, my wife's using it today, tomorrow & Wednesday this week!!!]
He checks the mailbox daily

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'm a homebody, I'm retired, I live 5 minutes from the shops and 25 minutes from everything industrial and the big retail outlets, I usually fly when I holiday and rent a car when I arrive, it gets taken on one or two trips a year that may add a couple of thousand K's and it's not my only car but it is my daily, it's the one I like to drive to the shops as it boost my ego when people take a photo of it.

You are my aspiration in 25 years. Bravo

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My Redline Ute has 5,800 km's on it, so I've done 700 km's since I bought it July 2020. Most of my driving in the ute has been road testing mods and seeing if the tyres scrape on the guards!

The SV6 wagon my daily driver, has done 2,055 km's since I bought it late April 2023.

A bloke outside Supercheap Auto a couple of weeks ago told me my wagon looks mint and said the LS3 is great engine. I agreed with him on the engine and didn't want to crush my ego and tell him it's only V6!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I drive it most days and admittedly not far, and occasionally it'll get a rest for a month or so while I drive the Merc.

It's getting used a lot more lately as I'm house hunting and I drove it up to the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago to see if it was comfortable living up there.

It's my daily and I'm lucky to live in an area where most things are at my fingertips.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Jan 16 build VF SS manual 21k on the clock bought new nice car but not in love with it compared to my other SS's, dust collector while i drive a few other cars, mainly ford ranger for work duties 195k and only battery replaced

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
I drive it most days and admittedly not far, and occasionally it'll get a rest for a month or so while I drive the Merc.

It's getting used a lot more lately as I'm house hunting and I drove it up to the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago to see if it was comfortable living up there.

It's my daily and I'm lucky to live in an area where most things are at my fingertips.

You didn't happen to travel through Lismore on your way up the coast did you?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's called the Mould Coast for a reason ... sticky, sweaty, mouldy, unpleasant. It's an un-maintained armpit.