Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf2 ssv sportswagon exhaust opinions

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Good Luck. Hope it sounds goooooood!

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Yeah, need a bit more noise to drown out the cold start piston slap.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I’d keep the bit about modified structural brace bit shtumm, not really kosher to remove or modify that. Is critical, does affect your insurance.
Apart from that it doesn’t look like a standard exhaust, first reason for Mr Plod to pull you over and pull out his iPad and just do a quick roadside check on noise compliance.
For what it’s worth the stock bimodal program does open when you don’t want it to sometimes, like when Plod has microphone 1 metre away from rear and you need to make it as quiet as a dishwasher.
Reason I mention it was pulled up in Brisbane on the Hornibrook and given a full once-over, reason being suspected was over limit due to aftermarket exhaust.

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Flick of the driver preference knob on the Tourer and bimodals shut and remain so, hoping that will keep plod at bay.

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Also you’re right about the brace, stock one will go back on if possible.

poppy bill

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf s2 SSV
Thanks for the feedback, I like the note on both EternityDre and monstar's cars. I ended up going to Dale Paterson Motorsports and getting a full Difilipo 2.5 inch with high flow cats, otr, bi-model and tune. Got 290 rwk and 715nm of torque and sounds bloody awesome.