Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV2 Towbar Questions

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Never got crushed in 8 years but maybe the lid didn't fit as tight as a VF?
Yes my VX always had this flat lead and it worked until I sold it some 17 years later.

I'm just worried that based on what she's told me, it sounds like they will mount it in the boot somewhere and then the trailer lead comes into the boot?

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Redline wiring DSC_0111.JPG
Yes my VX always had this flat lead and it worked until I sold it some 17 years later.

I'm just worried that based on what she's told me, it sounds like they will mount it in the boot somewhere and then the trailer lead comes into the boot?
Doubt you will have a trailer lead long enough to come into the boot without an extension (as you probably said). Agree the photo of mine leaves something to be desired (why couldn't they have fed the lead out of the towbar cutting?) but you really don't see it unless you crouch down so doubt anyone else will. Just saying

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Ok so install done. I get a phone call at 3:30pm to say there is a problem - they can't get the park assist to work with the tow bar on. I tell them I'm taking the car at 4:30pm regardless.

So I show up and I'm told they are still working on it - they've done software updates (WTF) and some other troubleshooting. She goes into the workshop for an update. It's still not working and she offers me a courtesy car. I explain that I need the car to pick up my daughter and we agree to have it rectified another say.

She relays the message and comes back saying that now park assist isn't working at all. She goes on to say 'did you know that it's an ex police vehicle?' In a tone that anticipates me being shocked... 'yes I did' I reply and she goes on to say that because the police dont use tow bars, their program/chip is different and thats probably why park assist isn't working.

I almost lose my cool but remain calm and plainly remind them that it was working when I showed up this morning. I further add that when I purchased the vehicle, it wasn't working. But when I took it to YOUR COMPETITORS down the road for my 90k service, they fixed it and commented that the police simply unplugged the sensors at rear.

So we recap that I'll be back some other day to have it rectified and I pay whats due and am handed my keys.

I'm sitting in the car at the service driveway... I pop it into reverse and sure enoough the park assist error shows up. I out it in p and go into the vehicle config. In the park assist menu, I change the option from 'on' to 'on with tow bar' and again put the car in reverse...

... No error. No problems. It's working, seemingly fine. Tongue in, tongue out. The only thing I didn't test was with a trailer hooked up but I guess it's supposed to disable all rear sensors ?

PS: my car STINKS of the guy who worked on it!!!

Last edited:

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I got my towball installed today through Shacks Holden down in Fremantle.
Everything sits nicely & works a treat, it sticks out further than my old VY SS ute but I know novody will be parking my in etc anytime soon

Attachments

• 20170929_134447_resized.jpg
    20170929_134447_resized.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 555
  • 20170929_134455_resized.jpg
    20170929_134455_resized.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 20170929_135018_resized.jpg
    20170929_135018_resized.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 592

1macca1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi 380
Here it is guys
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I also had to pay an extra $50 for the rim slip. It was ordered from Holden. This is the 2100kg heavy duty hayman reece hitch towbar.

Very happy now this all got sorted.

All up it was $850

Holden was charging I recall $970 fitted.

I have just gone through almost this exact experience. The dealer has just fitted the 2100kg Haymen Reece it to my Red Sportswagon. I desperately need the rim slip you have on yours. Cut out on mine is equally as terrible as yours. Do you have any idea on the part number?