Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline vs Gen-F2 Clubsport R8 - the verdict...

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Maybe off topic but does the LSA equipped HSV apart from the GTS come with an upgraded auto? That is do they use the 6L80e or the 90e?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Maybe off topic but does the LSA equipped HSV apart from the GTS come with an upgraded auto? That is do they use the 6L80e or the 90e?

All the same running gear as the GTS inc 6L90E.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR

As far as driveline goes, the only thing the regular LSA models miss out on compared to GTS is the torque vectoring.
So all LSA models have the engine oil, gear box/auto and diff coolers. The auto fitted to LSA models is the 6L90, and the manual is the TR6060 MG9 from memory. And the big f**k off diff.

ZScreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Smash is on the money.

Brakes, wheels, torque vectoring, EDI (is Clubbie option). Track mode in the driver select package (lowers the car), and better aero package to keep all the coolers cool.

Also, the heated seats are gold for my lower back - literally melts the stiffness away.
Probably a bit out of context now as they are all sold but the Motorsport edition offers all of that..

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Probably a bit out of context now as they are all sold but the Motorsport edition offers all of that..

If you read back to what I said I was going to do earlier in this thread I carried through with the 385kw upgrade but did it to an MSE instead of a Redline. In the end my car is a basically a HSV GTS minus around 50kw and the huge (unnecessary and expensive) brakes and I've spent $80k. Absolute bargain if you ask me.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
If you read back to what I said I was going to do earlier in this thread I carried through with the 385kw upgrade but did it to an MSE instead of a Redline. In the end my car is a basically a HSV GTS minus around 50kw and the huge (unnecessary and expensive) brakes and I've spent $80k. Absolute bargain if you ask me.
Not sure about the diff size and cooling on the MSE though? Can you confirm?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Not sure about the diff size and cooling on the MSE though? Can you confirm?
Diff is no biggie, it’s minus the 6l90.