Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vg ute driveshaft loops

turbo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
Looking for help i have to put driveshaft loops in my vg ute but being a 2 peace i need 2

I was windering who else has done this, they have to be 150mm back from gbox but being a 2 peace the 1st half of driveshaft has handbrake brackets so its inpossible

Anyway around it?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Isn't there a semi circle plate, bolted to the chassis, either side, right near the front of the tailshaft? On the earlier commodores, this plate appears to be there to catch the front of the tailshaft, if a universal was to let go.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is indeed and it should be more solid than any after market tail shaft hoop.

turbo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
Yea there is but still required to fit 2 aftermaket ones it seems silly and theres no room at all really not for the 1st loop anyway it also has to be a full loop round the hole shaft don't quite know how ill get round that

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
Depends on what you are competing in, CAMS for example do not require tailshaft hoops if the car is road registered. If it's for drag racing I have no idea. I have a hoop on my VC track car but only on the rear section, can't see how the front bit can go anywhere.

turbo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
Here in nz any power increase to a road legal vehicle requires a driveshaft loop ae and being a 2 peace shaft it requires 2 but i just measured the front shaft and its 450mm with a handbrake braket, exhuast and heat shield in the way lol