Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh compliance plate drama

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Hi guys,
I have a 81 Vh commodore without compliance plates that I have owned for 26 years and want to get it re-registered in NSW.
It was last registered in Victoria in 2006 and has been parked in sheds ever since. I only have a chassis number that is stamped into the radiator support. It reads: AVH005740M
I can’t find any information about that number or anything else about the car through ppsr,reivs or vicroads.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
well at least you know the chassis number does say you have A genuine VH body stamped in Melbourne ;)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
is the number on the rad support by vh I thought it moved to the strut tower? Out of curiousity where is it?
It was on the rad support. A VH wagon I had many years ago now had a new chassis number stamped on the strut tower by an engineer and had a blue engineering compliance plate to state as such.

Presumably it had a front ender before I bought it and the rad support had to be replaced, hence the new chassis number.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Will have to check my VH as to where the number is stamped

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I know my VH BT1's stamping is up on the strut tower but it's fairly late in the model run, I can't remember off-hand where my VH SL/E's chassis number is (I think it may be up there as well but I'd have to confirm).

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Don't really need compliance plates to get car registered as long as chassis number are legible & proof of ownership for car & engine...old rego papers are best form of proof then valid reciepts from a business then lastly stat decs which are usually a pain in the arse.

Probably varies depending on which state car was manufactured but think mid to late 82 is when numbers went from radiator support to strut tower...heaps of early girls out there with no chassis numbers after being in little bingle no fcuks given by panelshops replace instead of repair but they got away with it if car still had tags.