Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Genuine Mudflaps and bumper bar over riders

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
1st of all mudflaps!!!! 2nd why???? 3rd 300 bucks!!!!!
!st of all Making it original
2nd Making it original
3rd Making it original

There is a guy selling repro ones on ebay atm, prob not much difference except the detail around the logo.

Scott

AndrewC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Thanks Scott, yeah I agree to keep it original. I guess mudflaps aren't for everyone ;)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yeah im not a mudflap fan, however one of my cars will have them and one wont.
The one that will is a bog stock 134 pack it had mudflaps and it will keep them, it may not wear them all of the time, pretty much only when it goes in for a concourse event.

Scott

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I am trying to have a complete collection of GM-H period accessories. So far have: Sunvisor, venetians, mudflaps, insect screen, power antenna, door scratch plates. vanity mirror, under bonnet light, chrome tail pipe, chrome number plate frames (not genuine), chrome trim rings (actually for the SL, mine's a base, but you could purchase them seperately), fuel filler spill-guard, headlamp protectors. I have rubber mats from supercheap, genuine mats are long gone. Other genuine period accessories I keep an eye out for (but after looking for 3-4 yrs never found them) include: water bag carrier (was available as late as VB period!), coolaride seat cushion (saw a NOS one go for $500), under dash parcel tray, baby/child seat, overriders (these are rare and get exxy...)

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I have a full set of the old Mudflaps with Commodore written on them on my Vacationer.Got them off ebay a few years ago for around $25.Good luck.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I have a full set of the old Mudflaps with Commodore written on them on my Vacationer.Got them off ebay a few years ago for around $25.Good luck.

Could be period aftermarket but are not the genuine holden item. Good suggestion nonetheless, can be a much cheaper alternative.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
i may have a spare few sets in my shed of the bumper over riders and mud flaps pretty sure they where commodore ones came from a closed down holden dealership cant remember what i have left will pull the crates out and have a look for you

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Could be period aftermarket but are not the genuine holden item. Good suggestion nonetheless, can be a much cheaper alternative.
Definitely aftermarket, commonly available at autobarn and supercheap etc, nothing like the originals unfortunately.

Just a note you can take a plaster cast of the originals jewellers casting plaster will take an exact mould of the originals then you just need a liquid rubber to fill the mould with, sikaflex would work you could add webbing tape for reinforcement and have some very good copies.

Scott