Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
haha never really noticed the angle of the rockers untill u mentioned it.

The lift of the cams.
intake .579"
exhaust .587

nothing to crazy

nothing too crazy :rofl2: :rofl:

now I know where that 480 is coming from. bet it will sound a treat idling away!

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange, VK 5L, VC gramps
This is awesome bud, inspirational as!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
nothing too crazy :rofl2: :rofl:

now I know where that 480 is coming from. bet it will sound a treat idling away!
its got 248/252 @50* with 109lsa.
i hope it can maintain a decent vacuum at idle for the brakes....only one way to find out i guess

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
This is awesome bud, inspirational as!
thanks man, ive been trying to add as much info as possible along the way..take as much info as u can !

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
its got 248/252 @50* with 109lsa.
i hope it can maintain a decent vacuum at idle for the brakes....only one way to find out i guess

It will have plenty of vacuum for the brakes at 6000rpm/170kph when you realise that that distant corner is coming close really really quickly
(on the racetrack/powercruise I mean)

I'd love to ride shotgun for a lap.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Looks great! Amazing what a bench grinder can do:)
it ended up taking about 3hrs for the pair...im lucky my workshop had all the wheels and polish to use.
I used this soft scotch brite wheel at first to remove the dull look and any left over factory paint.
I then used a stitched cloth wheel with that white polish stick to give it some shine
Then i finished them off with an un-stitched cloth wheel some metal purpose autosol and then finally with the aluminium autosol.
I dunno if this aluminium auto made any difference as its a finer paste compared to the normal white autosol

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
It will have plenty of vacuum for the brakes at 6000rpm/170kph when you realise that that distant corner is coming close really really quickly
(on the racetrack/powercruise I mean)

I'd love to ride shotgun for a lap.
haha tell me about it!
Ill be doing my front end springs and shocks before i hit the track, she gets a bit floaty at about 150 with the dodgey cut front springs and old as shockies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hey mate good progress... that size is the hole in the end of your rocker covers you might be able to thread a fitting in there instead of getting it welded.. i would be interested in finding out the hole size because i wouldnt mind a dash fitting setup to catch can on my rig but dont want to weld them as there painted and looking sweet.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
hey mate good progress... that size is the hole in the end of your rocker covers you might be able to thread a fitting in there instead of getting it welded.. i would be interested in finding out the hole size because i wouldnt mind a dash fitting setup to catch can on my rig but dont want to weld them as there painted and looking sweet.
yeah those are my thoughts exactly too! just got to find out what size will fit it.

tried to fire it today....no good!
got an ignition drama somewhere along the line

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Id go bigger then the factory breather size. Its a decent motor it would want to vent more when your giving it some decent revs. Bash out the baffles in the cover and fit -10 to -12 lines to a catch can. It would be a good thing for it.