Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
very nice! how much that paint job set u back?
not too sure, i bought the car as a roller with the paint done bout 5yr ago, it has alot of imperfections but its good enough for the mo! i just had the engine bay cleaned up, welded ect and then repainted it just before i dropped the 5.0 into it.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
new block just been cleaned up,
oil tracks in the valley deburred and polished up,
heads on the way (getn a full port job), sump on the way,
stroker kit sittin there ready to be fitted at the builders.
cam kit on order! (solid)

starting to get the ball rolling...still a fair bit to go....chasing 500hp from this one

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
haha nice to see ya bit the bullet and went stroker .. .what kit did ya get and what comppresion will ya run. solid cam will be nice but youll have to learn how to adjust roller rockers .. 500hp should be easy enough if you got something like 10:1 comp and decent cam+heads. good luck mate

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
goin the whole hog on this one!

scat crank(knife edged counterweights), hbeams, srp flat forgies, 4bolt mains, line bore, 30thou over maybe 40. full port n polish on the heads...was told the cast heads will flow max to about 580....so thats what their gettin. crane 288 solid, dbl row springs ect ect. harrop or TP little paw s/p hrise manifold...leanin towards the TP as it has more torque than the harrop apparently. 4grand stally and about 11:1 comp. freshin up the diff with some 3.55 gears.
so im aiming for about 1.5hp per cubic inch. its goin to jack bros for the bottom end assembly and somewhere else for the heads....maybe! they said 500 is do-able....ive seen 308's pull 440 with a freshin up and mild head work so it shouldnt be too bad. my main concern is streetability...not really tho as it will only be a weekender with a trip to the strip and pwrcrz this year hopefully.

Hey darren! whats the go with lakeside track....wouldnt mind takin it up there oneday! dont know where it is either.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
loving that motor...so shiny hehe
thanks bud the covers polished up alright i must say..6 hours of hard out polishing on the bench grinder...payed off in the end!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hahah i love it how things start as just a freshen up then nek minnit full blown stroker :)

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
hahah i love it how things start as just a freshen up then nek minnit full blown stroker :)
haha tell me about it! i read too many forums too much and get carried away with it all and never settle for anything as a simple freshen up....ive only got myself to blame haha. goin to be a slow build this one, hopefully have it ready for pwrcrz this year..if not ohwell!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Just some updated pix after a clean,
fitted the stock external door trims just to throw some more chrome on it and brake up the black!