Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE Air Con

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Gday all. I am the proud owner of a vh sle and have always wanted get the air-con. working again. The unit itself works but no cold air. Any recommendations please. Geelong, Melbourne or anywhere in Victoria.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Gday all. I am the proud owner of a vh sle and have always wanted get the air-con. working again. The unit itself works but no cold air. Any recommendations please. Geelong, Melbourne or anywhere in Victoria.
I use Franks auto electrics 26 Roseneath st. Nth Geelong.

It will depend on whats cactus, to the cost?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Always had a soft spot for the VH SLE :cool:

What do you mean with the AC unit itself works?

If the AC system is low on gas, the compressor won’t spin up due to gas pressure lockout (to protect the hardware). If the compressor does spin up, it would suggest you still have enough / correct amount of gas so then it’s an issue of airflow. The HVAC box has air deflection vanes that direct air through the evaporator and/or heater and out the required vents. Such air deflection is achieved via electronic and vacuum operated control. So either the electronic control side is problematic and/or the vacuum control side is problematic or you have a mechanical issue with the deflection vanes … thus you’d get no cool air.…

But the VH commodore used R12 which is no longer available these days. So i‘d hope that it’s a simple mechanical and/or vacuum vane control issue that should be relatively easy to fix rather than so eth8ng that requires the sealed system to be opened up and regassed (which will necessitate an upgrade to R134 or later,… unless lpg based refrigerants are allowed)…

To help with diagnosis, the workshop manual would be helpful… The service manual supplement can be found below

Good luck with it…

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Always had a soft spot for the VH SLE :cool:

What do you mean with the AC unit itself works?

If the AC system is low on gas, the compressor won’t spin up due to gas pressure lockout (to protect the hardware). If the compressor does spin up, it would suggest you still have enough / correct amount of gas so then it’s an issue of airflow. The HVAC box has air deflection vanes that direct air through the evaporator and/or heater and out the required vents. Such air deflection is achieved via electronic and vacuum operated control. So either the electronic control side is problematic and/or the vacuum control side is problematic or you have a mechanical issue with the deflection vanes … thus you’d get no cool air.…

But the VH commodore used R12 which is no longer available these days. So i‘d hope that it’s a simple mechanical and/or vacuum vane control issue that should be relatively easy to fix rather than so eth8ng that requires the sealed system to be opened up and regassed (which will necessitate an upgrade to R134 or later,… unless lpg based refrigerants are allowed)…

To help with diagnosis, the workshop manual would be helpful… The service manual supplement can be found below

[/URL]

Good luck with it

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I reckon your right about the vanes, as the compressor spins when engaged. Who would you get that knows that ,yet alone fix it. Are you busy ( lol ). Thanks heaps . It's really appreciated

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I use Franks auto electrics 26 Roseneath st. Nth Geelong.

It will depend on whats cactus, to the cost?
Gday Lex. I know exactly where that is. I will call in lunch time when I get my Banh Mi roll.
Thanks mate.

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I was down Douro st. earlier in the week. Saw a sign adfvertiser those rolls, where do you get them, please?
At the roundabout nth end of duro. You can't miss :)

Reactions: Lex

SLE84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I've seen the sign at the nth. end of Douro st. But not where they sell it. Looked around, but couldn't spot where they sell it?
C334A83A-6EA9-4F33-9761-94571F478776.jpeg

Attachments

• F8E1FCF2-2365-4D89-948B-1E70D01C0194.jpeg
    F8E1FCF2-2365-4D89-948B-1E70D01C0194.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 54