Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sle series 1 or Vh sle series 2

VHSLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE I/VH SLE II
I currently own a vh sle series 1 4.2 litre v8 and series 2 5.0 litre v8, my question is which 1 should i keep? i have to sell 1 very soon for some $$...

will the series 1 or series 2 be worth more as a collectable in years to come..
(obviously the series 2 has two tone paint and electric windows, should that be a deciding factor?)

note the series 1 is more original.. and the series 2 has been fiddled with a bit..

any opinions greatly appreciated

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
End of the day, they're both SL/E's

A 5.0 is the more desirable motor to have for me personally. Aslong as the rest of the car hasnt been raped.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as series 1 and 2 sle's. They came out 6cyl autos as standard and could be optioned with either a 4.2L 253 or 5.0L 308. Not many whr optioned with the 5.0L so id keep that. SL/ENUT or ari666 should know abit more about that.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I would keep the 5L if its matching numbers original, then do a swapsie with any bits between the cars to build up the best one you can, then sell the 4.2L

Scott

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
It's a shame the 308 has been fiddled with - an original VH SL/E in good condition with low k's is worth at least twice that of 253 (in same condition).

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'd find a way to unfiddle the series 2 and keep it. Stock VH mechanical parts are still fairly abundant, should be cheap and easy; sell the go-faster bits to offset the cost of unfiddling. Fiddled cars are usually worth less and harder to sell.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as series 1 and 2 sle's. They came out 6cyl autos as standard and could be optioned with either a 4.2L 253 or 5.0L 308. Not many whr optioned with the 5.0L so id keep that. SL/ENUT or ari666 should know abit more about that.

mick, its not so much series 1, 2. it is AVH, BVH and CVH, Based on the build dates of course. for my money i would return the 5 lt to original as best you can provided it is matching numbers and keep that. good luck wtih your choice as to which is to go.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
Easy, sell me the 5.0 one!

Seriously, if you are going to sell it, let me know :)

clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, R33 GTST
good question, id also like to know, i have an sle with the original 253, but i have a 308 from another vh i want to drop in it. bad or good idea?